Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
5M views 67K replies 500 participants last post by  jeepfreak81 
#1 · (Edited)
My cat might be kinda old, But I would bet he can kick most other cats ass.

Update: September 2014
The cat that started this thread is not longer with us.
R.I.P. "The Michael"

#11,742 ·
I'm having a hard time at work too... Mind is on other things.
Trying to work up the strength to pack up Shelleys stuff, write a little note and drop it off at her house.
I have 20GB of pics I have to look through and put on a flash drive for her too.

I can't even eat lunch today, wasn't appetizing, made me feel sick.

7 years... Gone.

#11,744 ·
I saw a Cadillac CTS the other day with a rebel flag front plate. That made me :sonicjay: a little bit...
Oh..

....and f**king plow lights on a vehicle that does not have a plow...even in the winter. That sh!t is f**king annoying too

#11,746 ·
Seen a bumper sticker that said "Proud to be 1 of the 99%" today.

It seems sad that the 1% that actually work hard, have the knowledge to save there money, and live within there means are ridiculed by the 99% that are lazy, looking for a handout, have reasons why they got screwed but very little recourse to improve there situation, or simply to stupid to realize that if Bobby makes $2000 a month he cant spend more then half of that on expenses. That means Bobby needs to drive a pos car and live in a modest home saving up for something better that will improve his situation.

Me myself I strive to be in the top 40% some day. It wont be easy at all with a single income. But it is a goal and those that ridicule people that make more money then them are simply stupid.

This is fucking America. If your determined enough to make money you will. Don't know how go out and learn how dumb ass. Out of work because you use to be an executive making 60k and now you cant find the same job? Tough shit you lazy bum. Settle for something less get your butt working and search for something better in the meantime.

I am freaking sick of all these cry babies proud to be the lazy part of America. They finance more then they can ever hope to afford then when shit happens they get covered in it.

The simple fact is. There will always be someone with a bigger home, faster car, hotter wife, more friends, and better life then yours. Once you grow up and stop trying to look, act, and lie to yourself that you are that person you will realize that you don't need all that junk. All you really need is good friends, good ethics, and to be a good person and life will become a lot simpler moving you closer to the 1%.

I have a buddy that lives in a 1993 trailer on 3 acres of land, buys cars 5-10 years old every 5-10 years, has hobbies but nothing that he spends a ridiculous amount of cash on and is a cool dude to hang out with around a bon fire kind of deal. He is an aircraft mechanic and enjoys making hand made furniture.
He easily makes over 100k a year yet when people who finance shit see his home they just don't get why he is living in a trailer. I get it and I hope a few more people will be unlike the 99% of the people scratching there heads and ass wondering why he does not own a house.

End Rant

#11,747 ·
Crap- I agree with cerial?

Currently i need to downsize my lifestyle, not a big problem for me. Wife is not having luck finding work in home hospice care, she's looking at working retail again or maybe even go back to factory work.

Unfortunately, it has taken longer than expected for my wife to realize why I based to 'necessities' on my income alone, and did not include hers. She's had a hard time giving up luxuries like her own car (totalled hers and we don't have the spare cash to buy another) or air conditioning (over-rated IMO) and 70,000 channels of TV. We just dropped DirecTV in favor of WOW cable since we are getting internet and TV for less than DirecTV chrged for TV. No more 'date nights'. Restaurant only on Saturday.

Good thing I already had 99.9% of the parts to put my old van back together. Still need to fix the clutch on the F150 before it craps entirely, gets better mileage than the van.

Not complaining, still got a roof, a bed, and food. That's all you really need. I'm kind of enjoying paring down the unnecessary BS.

#11,748 ·
Seen a bumper sticker that said "Proud to be 1 of the 99%" today.

Very well said I couldn't agree with you more. It's a shame that everyone can't hold those same type of core values.