Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

need river tubing advise.....

2K views 24 replies 24 participants last post by  71jeepster 
#1 ·
Myself and a bunch of friends are looking to take a tubing / canoeing ride in a coupole of weekends.

I hear the ausable is a good river, as is the pine.
But, I hear the sturgeon river near gaylors is a blast.

Can anyone offer any info? links? etc.

Thanks

#5 ·
I'm partial to the Manistee... from Cameron bridge (Deward area) south

#9 ·
up in newaygo mi. there is a good campground. you can tent out in this big field for 10 bucks a head, and they all love to party. we were gettin crazy out there, and some locals came over to 'talk to us' we thought we were in trouble. the dude is like... HEY, are you gunna pick up your cans? i say, uuh, yea. Well, if you don't we'll come get them after you are gone and return them...

they also have their own tubing stuff and will drop you off, and you end the trip at the campground... = no driving if you like to party hard.

http://www.chinookcamping.com/mysterycreek.htm

#10 ·
We try to float this stretch 4-5 times a summer, always a good time unless the water is low then "bottoms UP"

#16 ·
me and about 20 friends tubed the AuSable in early June of this year and we had a blast! we did a 5hr trip near greyling. We had 4 coolers filled with beer, 600+ jello shots, sandwiches... that made for a good trip

#20 ·
Rifle just east of West Branch is not too bad although I would not tube rent a canoe. If your trip takes 2+ hours you will be cold and not feeling great.

Troll Landing and Rifle River rentals or something like that off M-55 east of M-36

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.