Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

does this look proper?

Tags
sofa
6K views 60 replies 27 participants last post by  Ridin Dirty 
#1 ·
this is all i got for a tow rig and i know it looks ridiculous but damnit it works!

See less See more
#31 ·
im not tryin to piss people off here, im just here for the wealth of knowledge my state lacks and i have also been able to share some of my knowledge with others members on this site regardles of the forums base i didnt see anything saying an oregonian could not be a member or post in the forums, if you can find that i will gladly remove myself from this forum permanantely

#41 ·
killer b if you read the rest of the rants and raves totally then you would see it was a total of a 150 mile journey but what everyone is complaining about and has had the most talking about is the less than 2 mile trip to the store to get straps, after that i was on the highway and over 50 it swayed with the jeep when i moved it further back so either i moved it too ar back which i didnt think i had but i did then apparently moved to back towards the front too much.

this may look like a ridiculous setup but like i said in the rest of this post i was being as safe as i could with what i had, and the reason i didnt have straps before i got the jeep is because the last time i towed i had the straps in my truck which was about 3 days before that, my wife used the truck and apparantly took the straps out of the truck so i didnt know they were not there when i left

#44 ·
same truck same trailer same jeep (defferent wheels and tires on jeep) loaded as to up_rocktoy's directions (measure tongue before load and load till tongue is 3 inches lower) i actually only went 2.5 inches lower and pretty much looks the same to me

and xxxj....yes too much tow not enough truck pulls just fine but if i tow much more often i will get a load distributing hitch and maybe airbag helpers, but i hope to have a fullsize again soon

#45 ·
same truck same trailer same jeep (defferent wheels and tires on jeep) loaded as to up_rocktoy's directions (measure tongue before load and load till tongue is 3 inches lower) i actually only went 2.5 inches lower and pretty much looks the same to me

and xxxj....yes too much tow not enough truck pulls just fine but if i tow much more often i will get a load distributing hitch and maybe airbag helpers, but i hope to have a fullsize again soon
I don't mean to pick, but are your tiedown straps all pulling the jeep forward?

#46 ·
no, the rear straps are puling backward... he simply just put the access strap closed into the hatch

#60 ·
hahah, that is very funny coming from someone with an overloaded "toy" truck and obviously no experience with towing.

good luck with your 220 HP I5 tow rig!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.