Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Will never buy BFG's again!

8K views 89 replies 58 participants last post by  crazygrady127 
#1 ·
I bought my wife some used BFG A/T's about 6 weeks ago, they had about 80% tread on them and was in good shape, held air and balanced nice. Well last night she comes home and says one of them is leaking so I go look and there was wire strands sticking out of the tire where a belt broke. I just sent her to get some new Cooper ST's...IMO a far better tire, I had them before and they take a lickin and keep on tickin. 4 new tires $530 installed with road hazzard. Tires is the last thing I want to worry about when she has all the kids doing 70mph down the highway!

#90 · (Edited)
Yeah thats true , any good tire place should mark them for that reason, when they take them off the rim they dont mark them, thats probably whats happening to these people that are having bad luck with there tires, if the belts are getting worn in one way and you put it on the other way, I could see problems happening and worst case, tires even coming apart !! Most of the people on here that are having problems with there tires being bad , they bought them used and I would bet thats whats happening !! Because if anything at all is wrong with a brand new BFG the manufacturer replaces it for free !! And correct me if I'm wrong but all the people having problems are buying them used !! ?? My dad bought a set of used Wranglers and had a blow out, come to think of it they were mounted white letter out and the lettering was kinda tore up so he had them mounted white letter in !! Broke the belt on it but he just chalked it up to the shitty roads here in the city ??

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.