Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

GL4x4 Motorcycle Club

271K views 2K replies 230 participants last post by  booblinker 
#1 · (Edited)
Show off your motorcycle.

mine: 1982 Honda CM250

Duffman, I know you're itching to post some pics! :)

See less See more
#1,215 ·
got the exhaust back on it today. I was going to put the rest of it back together because I had it apart for paint and I have a potential buyer.
but, the more I work on it the less I want to sell it.
it's one of the nicest riding road bikes I've owned. it's comfortable, has plenty of power and I think it is sexy as hell.
really starting to think I may just keep it and send it out for paint.
but, for the 4K, I'm kind of on the fence. I wouldn't part with it for any less.
I'm really indecisive and it drives me nuts sometimes. :sonicjay:

#1,217 ·
Decided to try and figure out why the V65 didn't roll worth a fuck, Both fronts and rear caliper slides were seized, and pistons were crusty, spent 6 hours cleaning and polishing 3 calipers and master cylinder parts, hope the brakes work better now.

#1,220 ·
Just picked up an '04 XT225 friday to replace the Nighthawk I just sold. It's got 2500 miles, a few extras (handguards, rack, carb work done), and it's in great shape. It came with brand new DOT knobbies that are a bit much for me so I ordered some 50/50 tires, shinko 244's, to make riding in the rain on pavement much less dangerous. It feels like a slightly more powerful, funner version of my TW200 that I used to have, I'm really liking it so far.

It's weird how boring I found my Nighthawk 750 to be. It has 5x more power than my TW or this bike, but it was really heavy and had absolutely no character. I like the thumper vibes and ability to hop curbs and hit dirt roads I guess. Regardless I'm glad the Nighthawk is gone.

Pics:

#1,226 ·
Nice bike. You'll enjoy it. I just picked up one of those for my brother in law last fall. Interested in getting rid of the knobbies? He could use a better set of rubber.

#1,227 ·
the bikes are slowing coming back to craigslist. You'll find something. Small DS is a great idea.

XT225, XT250, DR350, KLR250, KL250, TW200, etc.

#1,228 ·
I made a new battery mount for project SR250. I just used a couple L-brackets and a chunk of aluminum plate I had laying around.