Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

New Jeepers :(

3K views 28 replies 18 participants last post by  cmetzg03 
#1 ·
I work at a Auto Parts Delivery company, we deliver to both local and non local shops. Today I was delivering to a local shop that I normally don't deliver to, when I pulled up I noticed 2 of the techs were working on a JK. They were talking about taking both the top and doors off, so I assumed it was one of theirs.

I then walked up to them and said hey who's JK is this, it's pretty nice. Both of them looked at me like I was crazy, and then were like, "uhh it's a customers"

I then realized that I probably sounded like an idiot because both of didnt know "jeep language".

But then when I left I realized that wait, someone actually brought their jeep into a shop to take the top and doors off..? When I was leaving I saw its hardtop outside the shop so the customer must have wanted it switched to the soft.

Seriously...? One of the greatest things about owning a Jeep is the ability to do all the work yourself, especially because most of it is easy. I make sure to do everything myself, big and small, and I'm not even very mechanically inclined.

Does anyone see what I'm getting at? I just feel like a lot of the new Jeepers think they are Jeepers cause they "drive" one..

See less See more
#4 ·
Does anyone see what I'm getting at? I just feel like a lot of the new Jeepers think they are Jeepers cause they "drive" one..
Kinda, but I disagree.

What makes a "Jeeper" isn't really what you, I, or the next guy think it is. To someone it may be taking off your own tops, to others it may be doing your own oil changes, to others it may be laying it on its side every time you take it out, to others it may be gutting it and making it a V8 powered, 1 ton buggy, etc...

I think this goes down the same line as the age old argument of built vs. bought and who's the "real Jeeper".

I give no fucks. As long as people keep buying Jeeps, for whatever reason or level of knowledge, Chrysler will keep making them and we all benefit.

#14 ·
The new JK's are more of minivans than Jeeps. They are nice, but some owners are dumb.

To each their own, some people do not know how to change a tire! They probably cant switch their top either! They work for their $$, they can do what they want with it.

The % of people that buy jeeps and actually use them for what they are built for is rapidly shrinking, and I doubt it will ever go back up again.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.