This will be rain or shine.

Meet at the Cargo Gas Station (M120)
5536 Holton Road
Twin Lake, MI 49457

Hope to see you there!​

See less See more
#8 ·
Thanks! :thumb:

I will be there,I think this will make 5 years in a row for me.
You got 1 year on me.

I've been looking for something like this to get involved in for a while. I'll try and make it out to see how much crap i can shove in the back of a CJ
This is a great way to be involved. There is usually a large turn out for this, a chance to meet new people, put screen names to faces and help the environment.
And it depends how much crap fits into a CJ. Back seat or no back seat?

Something my schedule will actually let me attend without taking vacation! Adding it to the calendar now.
We get the news out early to allow schedule planning and juggling. Hope to see you there!

#9 · (Edited)
This event has historically been held on the third Saturday of April every year. So it makes it pretty easy to plan for it year after year. I have been participating as a TT member since 2004. Even though its hard work, it is a great time and an eye opening experience.

#11 ·
You are right. Great event for kids. Our kids have gone since they were 9 and 11 yrs old. Spending a day pickup up trash out of the woods has a lot of impact.

I am hoping the weather for the clean up is as nice as it is today.

See you there!

#17 · (Edited)
As the person who started it (when the Sundowners stopped doing their Clean Up in Allegan years ago), I really don't think I count, but let's see ... this will be the 14th annual, so this is my 14th.

Organized the first 9 for the Club before the Two Trackers elected to form a Committee to help make the 10th a MUCH bigger event. It's been HUGE ever since. I can't thank all the Committee Members from through the years enough for their generous assistance ... especially Kellie (and Rich) Santose. She took over the Chairperson's position for two years to allow me a break from the planning. Last year was actually the first year I was able to enjoy picking up trash since the 4th or 5th year.

Of course the event would have faded into oblivion without ALL OF YOU who donate your third Saturday in April to come out and make EVERY year a success!

Now lets pray for a nice, warm, DRY day for it this year!

#19 ·
Is it wrong to say I kind of hope we never get the area cleaned up so this can always continue? lol

Not only is it a great event for the sport, but I have as much fun at the cleanup as I do at wheeling events.

#21 ·
When ever I am out for a drove around here . I always seem to pack out way more then I took in . A lot of it is high school kids and hunters . Most people camping pack it in , so most do pack it out . But like they say "there is always one in the group" .

Hope it is a nice day . For you guys and gals when you do this .

#22 ·
I knew that TrailFanatic has been there every year. I also think there may be others that have been there as much or almost as much as him.
As far as having enough to clean, the weather last year kept the numbers down for attendance, it was cold, wet and miserable. There were a couple of areas that did not get cleaned. My personal prediction for this year is because of the super mild winter we have had, this has left these trails pretty much drive able all winter. I predict heavy dumping to clean up.
As for the weather being nice? Last year was very cold and wet. My 2 years prior were very nice, sunshine days. It was a real treat to get back out in the woods on those years. You knew winter was over.

#36 ·
ok i took a bobcat over there one year to help and i think i can again this year.
Spudy, that would be AWESOME! Thank you! We can ALWAYS use more equipment. It's the ticket for picking up large shingle piles in a hurry. They can take hours if removed by hand, but only a few minutes with a bucket. they also come in REALLY handy back at the dumpsters, packing stuff into them and condensing the load so we can get more in them.

Wont be able to make it this year, my wife should be having a baby very close to that day. Pretty sure it wouldn't go over very well if I was in the woods, instead of with the new baby. Have fun everyone.
Congratulations!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.