Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

* there is the potential for 6 or more inches of snow.

10K views 149 replies 52 participants last post by  hotstuff 
#1 ·
so that means 1-2", right?

#97 · (Edited)
I am in Wayne MI. There is just enough of the wet packed stuff to have some fun. It will be slush in a few hours so get out and pull some 8's at your local parking lot before/after work while you still can.

#120 ·
The dirt roads are bad, I get it. But they are not impassable, are you gonna stay home from work today? Did all your neighbors stay home from work today too? No, they got off their ass and drove down the dangerous roads and went to work, they could have just as easily dropped their kids off at school.

Who didn't go to work today? Those who have the ability to work from home, or those who are lazy fucks that milk the system anyway.....we just further bred more system milkers by canceling school at least once a week since christmas because we have a bunch of pussies running the school systems who want to use up all the snow days so they can sit at home on their asses.

My assumption the administrators are pussies is not false, it is not an assumption. It is an opinion, an opinion which is not stated as fact, so therefore it can not be false.
You understand the average commute time for a bus route is an hour to an hour and a half under normal driving conditions. So using your logic and driving slow, you can double and triple the bus time. Knowing that a bus needs more room to stop even under dry condition due to the weight of the vehicle, imagine what the stopping distance would be on VERY icy roads? Combine that with uneven grades and you have a very dangerous situation. You really want your kids riding around in a 4 ton shit missile without the ability to stop or navigate turns? You are a smart guy, but you are not using your head on this one buddy :teehee: The buses will run in snow, just not ice

#121 ·
You understand the average commute time for a bus route is an hour to an hour and a half under normal driving conditions. So using your logic and driving slow, you can double and triple the bus time. Knowing that a bus needs more room to stop even under dry condition due to the weight of the vehicle, imagine what the stopping distance would be on VERY icy roads? Combine that with uneven grades and you have a very dangerous situation. You really want your kids riding around in a 4 ton shit missile without the ability to stop or navigate turns? You are a smart guy, but you are not using your head on this one buddy :teehee:
I rode the bus, everyday, from my parents house all the way into town on a dirt road, about 8 miles exactly. I was on the bus the day it spun out and went into the ditch on a big hill by my parents, we all lived, none of us even got hurt.

I rode the bus when they had to use their chains to get down the roads.

12 years of riding the bus down one of the worst roads in our school district, 1 spin out....

It's not about the buses, they used to use delayed starts, main roads only, etc. You can get your kid to the main road, if you don't trust the bus drive your kid all the way to school (that's what I would have done today).....

It's not about the roads, its about the fact that they close school anytime there is some sort of difficulty in life....it's just like the average kid at school, homework is easy, he does it, homework gets hard, cancel school their's 3" of hard homework on the road.....

#133 ·
Cosidering the current e-fight, I side with Kickstand.
I went to school back in the days of Yetti's super storms. I walked to the bus stop, I didn't get a ride from my mom. I walked home from it too. I remember the bus getting stuck, we all thought it was cool but we still ended up in class.

Our society is growing sissies. Oh, and I miss Jarts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.