Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

MC Hammer tj

87K views 574 replies 78 participants last post by  Lousypirate 
#1 · (Edited)
well as some of you know i got in an accident leaving the blessing in my tj.

what the jeep has done to it
-32 11.5 15 bfg mt's on steel d windows
-2.5 inch rough country progressive spring lift
-front bumper from tab
-mile marker winch

what it needs to run again
-front axle
-front control arms
-1 new tire (dropped it off today so that is pretty much done)
-steering gear box (i have one just have to install it)

purchases so far
-front d30
-4:10 gears to mach front axle
-d35 detroit locker
-new 32" bfg mud terrain
-rough country long arm kit
-one inch motor mount lift
-antirock front sway bar
-1 3/4 die for bender
-1 1/4 die for bender

the insurance company gave me 3300 dollars for the damages. i really dont want to go with bigger lift or tires at this time since i am planning on putting d60's and 39.5's on it with some stretch at some point in the future.

so i need some advise on spending the rest of my money! i am thinking about gears and lockers for my axles to get me by til i get everything ready to go big! what the hell should i buy?:beerbang::beerbang::beerbang::woot::brilliant

See less See more
#14 ·
my tire and fender took the impact, the bumper didnt even get a scratch on it:sonicjay: i think it would have wrecked her jeep though! how much will you do a rear bumper with a swingout tire carrier and a 2" receiver on it for? something sexy that will match the front one:naughty:

#13 ·
for your tube fenders: I would say 1". I thought it sounded a little small, but it looks proportionate.

for the front axle: shop around for one all ready built decent. so many people upgrade TJ 30's just to decide to go for a larger axle. you can usually find them pretty cheap.

then find a set of stock control arms, and your good to go.

#18 ·
I am getting the dies to do the cage, I pmed ironman today about the rough country long arm conversion kit, that way I will just use my own springs and shocks and when I install that I am going to do a new skid pan, I am hoping to find a easy way to get my t case up out of the way, I need to see if I can get a clocking kit for it.

#24 ·
I just picked up a front d30 from crazykev with 410 gears in it and a brand r and p for my rear 35 with a install kit for a great price and I would like to find a cheap locker for the rear while I have it apart. Everything I am doing on this build is with the intentions of going big but I just want to have something to wheel in the meantime!

#28 ·
I have a ford hp 60 that I need to retube the bent long side on and a set of 39.5 irocs waiting to go on it. I just want to take my time and get all the parts sitting there waiting to go on before I strip it all down again. I have a POS house that needs to be nice before I put tons on my jeep! This will get me by for a year or two!

#29 · (Edited)
front axle taken out

you can see the gap that has formed at the balljoint do to the inner C being bent

the gash in my new tire

lower control arm ripped half way off the axle

the other car

shock doesnt work anymore (the dent doesnt look big in the pic but it is)

you can see how far the axle is shifted over

chachi being a good buddy and changing my tire for me:brilliant

#32 ·
man that sucks :(

I seem to almost get in more accidents while driving my jeep then any other vehicle... People pull out in front of me all the time. Is that just a normal thing for people? I mean shit, if I saw a big truck / jeep coming down the road I'd be sure to leave myself antique room before pulling out.

#35 · (Edited)
well i ended up with
-4:10 gears
-detroit in rear
-lockright in front
-antirock
-1" motor mount lift
-custom trans crossmember
-18.5 inch flatbelly (still have to build skid plate)
-rough country longarm kit with 2.5" springs and 2" spring spacers in front (had to add the spacers to springs just to make the damn thing sit level, i dont know why they cant make the lift so the jeep sits level)
-32" bfg mud terrains w/ full sized matching spare
-black steel D window rims
-front bumper built by tab
-milemarker 12000 lbs winch (too big for the jeep but i had it sitting there)
-low mile 4.0
-removed stock rear bumper
-removed hitch

still to come soon
-sye
-tubework on front bumper
-add on cage
-rear bumper
-front electric line lock
-rear manual line lock
-new brake lines
-fuel return line
-skid pan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.