Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1% prez........"the jiggler"

229K views 2K replies 163 participants last post by  Mr.Green 
#1 · (Edited)
just finishing up my tj and my buddys tj(wheelsofsteele). he did a 60 front w 60 rear out of a 79 ford. had a rubicon long arm so we changed the upper links in rear, tossed the rear trackbar and built a 3 link for the front. i did a 60 front 14 bolt rear,3 link front, leaves in the rear. streched to 103. i built new arms for the front and 2.5 currie joints. will post up pictures and more detail when i figure out how to get these pictures in photobucket. we started mikes jeep july 29 sun night and finishing it up today. his tj is a 1997 mine is a 2003. there is some diffrent stuff between the years.i will give detail on what we ran into.

#1,260 ·
i need to get something like this for a new front axle. going to throw some coin at the jiggler this winter. want it bulletproof for next year.

Attachments

#1,266 ·
dana 80 spool 47 spline hole. picked up a new hub today, wheels are ready, making a cooler rack for the back. loonie ready!

#1,271 ·
getting closer...shawn did hook me up with a 1% sticker for the rig. black wheels on the jiggler now. going to try and put a few panels on it also since the weather next week is calling for snow and rain.

#1,275 ·
probobly after next weekend it will never look the same..wanna try and double a uphill rock climb in canada.we will see if i have the balls to try it.

#1,277 ·
new wheels lasted 1 weekend...sold my tires so i have to get some 43's now. put some panels on.like it with the panels.i'll post a picture later.

Attachments

#1,283 ·
thinking about selling everything, buggy and the semi...going to build a shop and go back to my real passion...motocross.

#1,300 · (Edited)
finding out rock bouncing takes a rediculous bank account and having to fix broken parts after every run gets old....who would thought that would happen.

I wonder why trail riding is so much more popular than rock bouncing? Going on multiple long weekend trail rides with no breakage is soooo boring, lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.