Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

V10 SD mileage??

2K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  bender 
#1 ·
What can one expect for MPG with a V-10 SD 4x4, auto, blah blah?

thanks in advance.

#8 ·
All I'm gonna say is I've had a friend and an uncle that both had V10 SD with 4.10 gears and they both were LUCKY to get in the double digit mpgs city/h-way.

I drove one (2000 ish year) for work, pulling a 22' landscape trailer for 2 years and NEVER got in the double digits mpg wise. Now had I been footing the gas bill I might have got a little better mileage:)

#12 ·
I actually just got off the phone with my buddy that I mentioned above. He told me that he never not once ever in his life got 10 mpg's with his. He is far from a speed demon either. I want to say his was an '03.

I averaged around 8 mpg when I pulled a trailer at my job. I was responsible for filling out a fuel log and filling up all the equipment on a daily basis for 2 years. So I am pretty confident in my #'s. I certainly had a heavy right foot at work and was known to leave the truck running during jobs with the AC on so factor that in.:stan:

Personally I doubt there is much difference in 3.73 vs 4.10 as far as gas mileage is concerned. To be honest I don't know what gears were in the work truck but do know for sure my buddy and uncle both had 4.10's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.