Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Mounds Sept 16th and 17th

5K views 70 replies 25 participants last post by  Bones 
#1 · (Edited)
interest?

#11 ·
anything is fine if it has a muffler/arrester and an ORV sticker.

Shawn- who were you asking about towing 2 jeeps? I can't, if you were asking me.

#15 ·
shawn said:
Well, I was close to getting Sandals to wheel, this will be just as exciting! :sonicjay:
The CJ starts, moves forward and backward, stops, turns left and right, lockers work, 4WD works. I need to install the CB, which is sittin' on the shelf. So, yea... it's ready for the Mounds.

To make ready if for the street, I need to fix that camber issue (my shim arrived yesterday) and set the toe-in. This weekend I plan to align the junk, fix the rich running condition, buy a new PS belt, and bootyfab a tailpipe. :nana:

#16 ·
my CB has been sitting on the shelf for 3 years... are you saying I should finally put it in the jeep?

I also need to instal my cut brake, but I can't get my D300 to engage FWD anyways, so no hurry....

shawn, what do have to do to your shifters to engage fwd (I didn't remove any pills). I assume it is- have FWD in N, then RWD in N, then FWD in High... but that doesn't work for me

#18 ·
i know the pills in the D300 shifter block certain stick positions with the twin stick. I left the pills in (mistake #1). So now I can't seem to get my twin sticks to a FWD position. I don't think I can go directly from 4x4 highand shift the rwd stick to N, because a pill blocks that.... This is how I thought I should be able to do it....

from 4x4 high
shift FWD into N, so I'm just RWD high.
shift RWD into N, so I'm in full N
shift FWD into high, so I'm FWD high, and able to do front digs.

#19 ·
shawn said:
Does the buggy have mufflers? Is there a place to stick an ORV sticker? If yes to both then bring it!

Mufflers are possible, there's a place for an orv sticker, no title, no cab, no hood, no ROPS... Just some military axles, an engine, a steering wheel and a seat bolted to some plywood. WOO-HOO. 100% Hillbilly from the ground up.

#21 ·
Bones said:
i know the pills in the D300 shifter block certain stick positions with the twin stick. I left the pills in (mistake #1). So now I can't seem to get my twin sticks to a FWD position. I don't think I can go directly from 4x4 highand shift the rwd stick to N, because a pill blocks that.... This is how I thought I should be able to do it....

from 4x4 high
shift FWD into N, so I'm just RWD high.
shift RWD into N, so I'm in full N
shift FWD into high, so I'm FWD high, and able to do front digs.
I can shift to Front WD Low, but not Front WD High. I can go Rear WD High, but not Rear WD Low. So, if this is your problem, then the pills need to be modded. MonkeyEvil did his, he could tell you what he did, I just have not done mine yet in fear of accideentally being in front low and rear high and blowing up the t/c.

#25 ·
If jeeps fixed .Well get dirty with ya.:woot: :sonicjay:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.