Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

ATTENTION!!!!!!!!!!!!! Anyone who has ever bought from STAR PETROLEUM IN DETROIT READ

13K views 167 replies 42 participants last post by  Gunsworth 
#1 · (Edited)
I don't have all the details, but long story short... If you have bought ANY OIL, ANTIFREEZE, or chemicals from them... Throw it out and dispose of it the proper ways... It turns out they were selling oils/anti-freeze/chemicals that weren't ASE cert. The state came in and shut them down... It's still all getting sorted out....

Update from the state...
http://www.michigan.gov/mdard/0,4610,7-125-1572_28248_28264-312288--,00.html

#2 ·
i don't have all the details, but long story short... If you have bought any oil, antifreeze, or chemicals from them... Throw it out... It turns out they were selling oils/anti-freeze/chemicals that weren't ase cert. The state came in and shut them down... It's still all getting sorted out....

Spread the word!!!!!!!!
holy fuck shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#7 ·
I don't have all the details, but long story short... If you have bought ANY OIL, ANTIFREEZE, or chemicals from them... Throw it out... It turns out they were selling oils/anti-freeze/chemicals that weren't ASE cert. The state came in and shut them down... It's still all getting sorted out....

SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!!
Throw it out? Like where, in the front yard, city sewer, local creek?

:sonicjay:

#12 ·
I don't have all the details, but long story short... If you have bought ANY OIL, ANTIFREEZE, or chemicals from them... Throw it out... It turns out they were selling oils/anti-freeze/chemicals that weren't ASE cert. The state came in and shut them down... It's still all getting sorted out....

SPREAD THE WORD!!!!!!!!
holy shit, that is where I buy my oil from. Pallets upon pallets. Two employees are dumping them into the dumpster right now. Thank you for the heads up.

#17 · (Edited)
If you throw out oil in the garbage you need your head examined... It is bad... Don't use it... take the proper measures to dispose of it... I had 20k anti-freeze not oil...and stuff that's no good... The only thing you really can do is contact the state and take them to court...

EDIT: put oil instead of anti-freeze...

#32 ·
ReiKo, if you were buying this shit you are a fucking idiot. This oil has always been garbage. Read the one label and it tells you not to put it in your car!

These brands have never had an API service rating, ever. You keep saying ASE but ASE doesn't certify oil. You clearly are a idiot.

#37 ·
This is what the back of the bottles use to say; "Contains no additives. Not suitable for use in gasoline-powered automotive engines built after 1930. Use in more modern engines may cause unsatisfactory performance or equipment harm"

If you bought and used this shit, you are one of the biggest idiots EVER.

#40 ·
:sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay: :sonicjay:

Guy buys a shit ton of garbage, substandard oil (that is even labeled by the company as substandard garbage) and then freaks out when it's revealed that their products are substandard and attacks people for not giving a fuck because they don't buy substandard products for their vehicles.

To the bin with this one!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.