Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

UORC 4x4 TJ tube door preview...

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  jeepfreak81 
#1 ·
Came up with a little different design for tube doors and thought Id see what the public thinks. These could be available, but I still have some bugs to work out yet.

Attachments

See less See more
#5 ·
I dont see why not. Aside from the latch style, a YJ isnt any different than a TJ. The doors pictured are the only set that I have built so far. By the sounds of it, there may be more interest than I had originally thought so I could knock a couple sets out. They take a while to build so Im not certain what the cost will be yet. CC, if youd like to Bring your heep up here I could use it as a template for YJs...

Spro, I did toss around the idea of a mirror mount. The one thing I came up with was this...
More often than not, the tube doors will be used on the trail, so a mirror would only hang out in the breeze and smack branches, rocks or trees. The whole point behind the tube door is to protect the passengers and still have the visability and open air feeling of no doors at all. On top of that, Ive found that they are nice to lean on and look out at the tires for nagotiating obstacles. Long story short, a quick fix for the mirror problem is to add a 'post style' CJ mirror. This would be very easy to remove and when left on, will swing back and away from anything it hits.

#7 ·
I think they look really good with the dimple dye plate on them, but think they lack something on the bottom to follow the contour of the bottom dorr just a touch more. but id buy a set pending on price to support a local shop!!!!!:rock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.