Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Vac just died, replace with a dyson dc25?

8K views 81 replies 39 participants last post by  greygoose 
#1 ·
There seems to be a ton of mixed reviews about the DC25 animal. Anybody have this? Is it worth the additional $$?

Having a gray cat, and a white/black dog, pet hair is a problem of course..

#17 · (Edited)
Honestly, from what I've read the money isn't worth it. Some people I've talked with switched from the Dyson to the Bissell Liftoff Pet vacuum. That is what we have and it is freaking awesome! The power, suction and attachments are all A+ in my book. the whole thing pops out too so its easy to go up and down stairs and into cars with. My girlfriend and I HIGHLY recommend it.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1Y02CZJTQ2M9Y3JQFKJV

The ball technology is over-engineered for its job. Until they make the vacuum wireless I don't see the ball technology being worth it. I don't vacuum the floor like I mow the lawn.

#39 ·
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I've used that thing for three years, and it is an awesome vac. The big downside is I have to do two sets of stairs, and you can't turn off the brushes. If you leave that vac on carpet whiule you're doing the stairs, you will find you have a nice melted clump of carpet.
Did you see the one I was talking about in my first post? Stairs are not an issue with mine. It has two switches first of all so only the brushes can be turned off. But instead of having to lug the whole vacuum up the stairs you can just pick the canister out of the assembly like so...

#20 ·
ok, time for some jewish math.

bed bath is running a promotion of 10% off $100 gift cards. So I bought three for $270.

best buy is running a special on the dc25 animal for $439 (normally $569)

so, here is how it played out.

$569 original price
$439 - best buy price match
20% off coupon brings the total to $351.20
with tax - $372
subtract the $30 I saved with the gift cards

Total - $342 out the door :woot:

And yes, the people behind me in line were not happy with the 15 minute transaction :sonicjay:

#21 ·
ok, time for some jewish math.

bed bath is running a promotion of 10% off $100 gift cards. So I bought three for $270.

best buy is running a special on the dc25 animal for $439 (normally $569)

so, here is how it played out.

$569 original price
$439 - best buy price match
20% off coupon brings the total to $351.20
with tax - $372
subtract the $30 I saved with the gift cards

Total - $342 out the door :woot:
And yes, the people behind me in line were not happy with the 15 minute transaction :sonicjay:
Should of bought the gift cards at Kroger. They are offering the same promotion. But you get double point rewards right now. So you would have also gotten 600 Kroger points which I believe is about $0.50/Gal off of gas at 4x a month.

#37 ·
I've used that thing for three years, and it is an awesome vac. The big downside is I have to do two sets of stairs, and you can't turn off the brushes. If you leave that vac on carpet whiule you're doing the stairs, you will find you have a nice melted clump of carpet.

Make sure it is not on the "wood floor" setting. I almost took ours back before reading the destructions :fish:
I don't see that as an option. it's either brushes on, or brushes off.

#52 ·
DC14 and I think its an overpriced pile of shit. Whoever designed the hose/extender deal should be shot, and it is worthless with attachments - all the air bypasses whatever you're trying to pick up through the holes it apparently needs for its "never looses suction" claim. Thought it would be better than my shop vac for detail work on the car (size/flexibility of hose mostly) - wrong! Couldn't pick up anything more than a dustbuster could. I wish my parents had not thrown their 1970's Hoover away. Pink and ugly but would pull the carpeting off the floor if it wasn't tacked down right. All steel construction.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.