Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Vac just died, replace with a dyson dc25?

8K views 81 replies 39 participants last post by  greygoose 
#1 ·
There seems to be a ton of mixed reviews about the DC25 animal. Anybody have this? Is it worth the additional $$?

Having a gray cat, and a white/black dog, pet hair is a problem of course..

#54 ·
I've used quite a few Dysons at clients houses. Never been impressed with them. They have never worked any better than any other plastic vacuum I've used. I'm comparing them to a Kirby that I have at my house though. NOTHING compares to a Kirby, even a 30 yr old one. And, when you can get one off Craigslist for a couple hundred, you'd be dumb to get anything else. Plus, if anything ever breaks, you can take them apart and fix them easily.

#59 ·
Anyone looking for a Vacuum do not buy a chain store Vac, I worked in the vac business and still talk to many people who do. Dyson is a supposedly clog free unit, but is designed with clog removal ports, has a weak motor and overall a real piece of crap. Go to Banks Vacuum superstore, there all over; or go to United Vacuum on Dixie in waterfall plaza. Look at the Miele Vacuums they are spendy but by far the best Vac you can buy. If the Meile is too expensive get a Simplicity.
I have a Simplicity 7950, these things are so powerful it will rip a 3 wire 14 guage cord in two pieces, they have an excellent warranty and are just naughty.

Here is a middle of the road miele
http://www.mielestore.com/stores/mi...80&item_id=488&product_type=CORE&item_number=

Here is a nice Simplicity
http://www.simplicityvac.com/products/commercial/7900-7950/

#60 ·
I received a reply from my regional sales rep from the largest carpet manufacturer in the world, sent him a text yesterday.

"Hahahaha.....thanks Stan, I needed that to start my monday morning. Please call customer service, I'm sure the ladies would also like to start their day with a question like that. See you thursday."

I guess Dyson is out. Bummer, it's so shinny I wanted one.:(

#74 ·
My wife threw out my old Kirby when we got married, and bought a Dirt Devil upright.

3 months later, I threw it out and bought another 30 year old Kirby.

When we bought our current house, she thought she could force me into buying new carpeting by tearing up all the existing carpet while I was at work.

11 years later, we are still carpetless...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.