Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

R&V Jan 15-16

10K views 147 replies 25 participants last post by  caveman 
#1 · (Edited)
I'm trying to get a group around for the weekend of jan 15. so far I have myself and 4 other xj's, lets see if we can get a group around so ron can open up for us. Thanks Andy

#125 ·
im not gonna make it :(

I got the Xj home late thursday night. Had to work yesterday then spent last night bending the drip rail so i could open the rear doors. And figured id take it out to the township land and run the seasonal road and both my front universals are toast. And i have to work this morning until ten soooo. im gonna change them after work but wont probably get them done till noon or 1 so i wont be able to make it.

NEXT TIME!!!!!!

#134 ·
good time yesterday! broke 1 axle shafts before noon, replaced it then broke that one on my way to help joe. Than i fried the alternator while winching out joe from the "sand trap" he was in. And while loading the jeep i saw that one of the rear shocks was gone. looks like I'm gonna have more shop time this winter than I thought. Thanks ron for opening the park for us, can't wait till next time

#140 ·
Since I was in my Jeep most of the time, I did not get too many pictures/videos, but here are a few of what I got.

Bill Working on trying to get over an icy spot on Python. This spot was tuff for some, and others walked right through it. A almost stock JK made it through with little issues, while a locked on 37's YJ had lots of issues. At least my rig walked right through without a problem. :thumb:

Here you can see Jamey in the JK doing finding some traction and making it look easy.

And Bill sliding around on the ice:

The trails were really icy. Here are a few videos from a section that was icy and had a nice little bump at the bottom:

The hill climbs were a blast! I was the first one on them for the day as was able to crawl almost to the top, but after one run it was down it ice and you needed some speed to make it up.

#142 ·
yep, we had the park to our self pretty much all day. RON is the man as always. thank you for the bolt. thanks ken for supervising the repairs:sonicjay:

and dinner

rocks and valleys is the #1 park in michigan. that is all i have to say.

edit: whats up Saturday group? must have been a bunch of wussies. we broke lots of fresh snow.... by our self with no one else there.......
NO BALLS!

#147 ·
edit: whats up Saturday group? must have been a bunch of wussies. we broke lots of fresh snow.... by our self with no one else there.......
NO BALLS!
We ran the trails from 10 - 5:30, but with a fairly wide range of capability in rigs and experience we spent a lot of time navigating icy obstacles. Also, we started Python and got behind a group that was stuck and took some time to extract the rig.

I was hoping to get some time to play on more of the rock courses, but we had a blast on the trails that we were able to run.

#143 ·
We broke fresh powder most of the afternoon, Pack a lunch was killer in one spot. I have a video made up with some tunes, I just need to figure out how to put it on here. I had a great time and other than some rock rash on the rear bumper and a very overheated AW4 trans i was good to go. We will be back for sure. Next time I hope to spend less time waiting on people in the parking lot and more time crawlin...

#144 ·
NO BALLS! [/QUOTE]

have not you been beat on enough today ??? :sonicjay:

get off the net and finish my track bar mount repair, your xj is hard to drive :nana:

#145 ·
both guys I was with broke something on python...sorry to the group of Cherokees we held up for a bit...defiantly pure ice under the snow...impossible to get traction in alot of spots(especially pulling a f250 through python)...did not take any pics...sorry

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.