Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

found some weird stuff buried

14K views 131 replies 55 participants last post by  bj house 
#1 ·
so my parents just moved to dearborn heights a few months ago and we were planting trees today and kept finding rocks everyware burried in the yard , well we didnt think nothing of it ( house was built 1930s ) we found a section about 6inched under the grass thats about 6-7feet long and 2- 2 1/2 ft wide , theres chunks of granite rocks and other types of rocks that someone poured concrete over , well in the center of this area theres no rock or anything for about another 1-1 1/2ft deep and then theres a flat type of slab in the center of this whole area , weve no idea what it is or if we should even keep digging , any ideas ? , old lady next door has ben there sence the houses were built and has no idea and says nothings ever ben there sence shes lived there ........ kinda weird i guess , anyone got any ideas ? ..... ill try and get a few pics tomorrow

#38 ·
house my sister used to live in, I was digging a trench to run electric out ot the garage...right where I intended to run the majority of the length, I hit several stones that wouldnt move...turned out to be an old foundation wall...digging along side of that, I found lots of charred pieces of wood....turned out a house had sat across what was now the property line of her yard and the neighbors, and had burned, so they just pushed everything in and covered it with dirt.

#63 ·
My grandparents old barn that is still standing had a foundation made of big rocks and concrete. Was also about 1.5 - 2 feet wide. Very possible it is just an old barn foundation or an old wall. Although the center being empty kinda negates that theory.

#64 ·
It sure looks and sounds like a home-made grave vault to me. Very common prior to 1920. If not, I agree with CC. Dig it up, there's probably gold coins in it.

#66 ·
I just looked on google for an hour or so, and about 85% of these that are found contain gold coins and silver coins. Most of the irish catholics who were already in Michigan were hiding their gold from the king of england when news spread that columbus had landed. You might be able to retire from this. They normally poured small squares of concrete and protected the concrete from RPG's with field rocks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.