Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Need help finding intersting science or engineering subjects!!

8K views 99 replies 25 participants last post by  vr 
#1 ·
A friend and I have been working on a Pod Casts program that we will have on I tunes soon. We want to get a couple more going right now but we are looking for some input on interesting science, engineering, technology, history type of subjects. The Pod Cast is called Built in Motion to give you an idea of what our subject matter is. We have completed three so far. First one is the weekend in the life of a NASCAR pit crew member and the second one is about Drones and how they are being used and another about Henry Fords "Sweepstakes" car that we are not planning on using right now. Any input on subjects that YOU might find interesting would be helpful.

Some of the subjects we are considering for shows at some point are:
Combustion Engines
Perpetual Motion Machines
Faraday Cages
Trains
Printing Press
3d Printers
Virtual Reality
Mid air refueling / aircrafts
Plane safety testing
Old man with cool life stories
Computer encryption / security
Home automation

Some of these are better than others, but please add to the list.

BTW, once we launch it I will be asking for GL4x4 to help us get our I tunes rating up!!

See less See more
#43 ·
A look at listening to music, you can start with the music you listened to in the 60's as a flower child growing up, all the way from vinyl and 8 tracks thru cassettes, CD's and now the clouds. Maybe you could even explain services like google's musics, utunes, itube, and u2 and how their god awful music magically appeared in everyone's itubes accounts.

#46 ·
It is on ITunes now. I am not in the first episode but it is up. I will be begging for the GL4x4 communities support here soon. I guess I am starting now. Go subscribe and leave some positive reviews!!

Built In Motion

#47 ·
I will be begging for the GL4x4 communities support here soon. I guess I am starting now. Go subscribe and leave some positive reviews!!

Built In Motion
my honest opinion is that I'm not going to listen to anything that doesn't have visual demonstration or visual content of any sort. If it was in video format where you show proof of concept or visual aids that support the discussion, I would be all over it. just my .02

that being said, I have never used itunes so I might not be your target audience...

#75 ·
Something I wish more people talked about are Hydraulic Hybrid Vehicles.

For that manner would they ever be used in something such as a one ton truck aimed more towards towing. Of course it would affect payload(just like a less efficient electrical system would). But, the fuel and drive train savings seems like it would be beneficial in the long run.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.