Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Road trip planners?

27K views 255 replies 27 participants last post by  Grassman 
#1 ·
I'm trying to plan a large road trip across the country. **KOH trip this February.

Convoy will include 2 trucks with trailers that are going to need large parking lots.

What are must see's on the way there and or back?

:beerbang:
@Grassman
@BigBird
@Buggy_Tim

#3 ·
Who is going? I'll be going again with team DEAK racing @JohnnyJ @jeepm715 and I believe team Ironman @Ironman Offroad and @bearlys2005 are going with us.

The truth is there is no "must see" on the trip. From downstate it's 38-40 hours non stop each way. The last thing you want to do is make extra stops. :eek:

To PJ's question, I recommend the southern route at that time of year. So far, we have never hit really bad weather, although we have had snow every year.

As far as large parking lots........ why? You will drive non stop and leave your trailer on the lakebed. Where are you staying?

#8 ·
Were leaving Michigan January 30th. Expected to be home Feb 16th

Planning on driving straight to Johnson Valley with the campers and then doing sight seeing. We will only have 1 off road rig with us (mine) plus a golf cart so wheeling will be at a minimum until Jim and Dale gets there :sonicjay:

#33 ·
Were leaving Michigan January 30th. Expected to be home Feb 16th

Planning on driving straight to Johnson Valley with the campers and then doing sight seeing. We will only have 1 off road rig with us (mine) plus HALF a golf cart so wheeling will be at a minimum until Jim and Dale gets there :sonicjay:
You're gonna wheel :rock:

#12 ·
Myself, Grassman and our family's (Randy has 2 kids and a wife I have Megan) Were pulling a 1/2 loaded trailer there with intentions of buying something for the haul back.

BigBird and his brother and sister in law not sure if they are bringing rigs.

#23 ·
I am out as a third on the iron man crew. Work schedule is forbidding a two week trip this year. If I do make it, it will be fly in, out for my buddy and Tom Wayes, fly home. 3 day max on the lake need.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.