Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

196x jeep cj5 early cj5 wheeling rig starter kit

9K views 34 replies 5 participants last post by  jeepfreak81 
#1 · (Edited)
Titled as 1967, tub appears to be about a 62 or so frame is V6 frame
Lockouts on front axle but the ring and pinion is shot previous owner also left the cover off, it's a d27 so it would need to be swapped for a d30 anyway if you want turning radius

Relatively decent tub. Hole in tool box, appears minor. I did find filler in a rocker, but it appears they filled a dent filler isn't visible inside

Tub is herculined inside

Body is not on frame

Missing grill I have one i may consider selling

Full cage, front bars added to a factory rear cage it appears

Seats in picture not included but I do have ecj5 factory low backs I will include.

Aluminum hard top, rear lift gate has holes in it, lift gate is steel

Dent in a front fender

No engine, Trans or tcase, but I do have a couple t86 transmissions laying around, I also likely have enough parts to for a transfer case if going back to stock.

Small rust hole in hood, I have a better one too for sale in another thread.

Windshield cracked and started to pop out. I also have another nicer windshield frame available

I'd like to get 1200obo, but would like to sell fast

There is almost enough here to have a decent jeep that isn't too nice to beat off trees. it also is a good enough base you may be able to restore it. I'm probably making it sound worse than it is.

Detailed pics album
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeepfreak81/library/For sale

Frame before I removed the engine

Frames brakes are not functional

Strobe light also not included

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
Bump, added a album link for more pictures.

http://smg.photobucket.com/user/jeepfreak81/library/For sale

I'd sell the whole mess for $1600, or cut a really nice deal and do this whole mess + Dual output PTO, PTO winch and the PTO driveshaft for $2,200obo

The Winch setup is around $1k alone for a used one.

Last option would be buy @dmcjeeps Blue J20, for what he wants and then trade me that for the whole mess (everything I have for both the black and red CJ5)

May also consider trade for Fc170, or C101 (71ish Jeepster)

#9 · (Edited)
Bump

I would sell the whole mess AND include the PTO winch (not listed above) for $1800 firm if done ASAP so I can buy @dmcjeep 's J20

Thats a dual output PTO, shafts and winch (~1k value)
CJ5 with title unassembled and no drivetrain Listed at $1200 above
Aluminum CJ5 hard top with good doors
Wiring harness is still in the jeep and good.
complete cage in it (sport cage + original rear bar)
Herculined tub with good floors
Gauges and switches

#19 ·
I am not keen on parting it out. If I am offered enough to make it worthwhile I might separate some things.

This is not something I will let go for $500. I parted the last one out for much more and it was in worse shape.

I have a 350/Th400 I would like to drop in and then paddle it up or something. and make something to beat on for a couple years.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.