Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Anyone here have a legit Near Death Experience?

9K views 94 replies 30 participants last post by  SS 
#1 ·
This is a serious question.

#2 ·
Yes when I used to box I was hit in the chest that it stopped my heart. Was rushed to hospital where I spent six days undergoing test. It was the worst days of my life.

When the EMS responded my heart had been not pumping blood for almost 20 minutes. After a couple times with the paddles they got me going.

I was in great shape at the time. Needless to say after that my boxing career was done.

#9 ·
I was hit by a car on my snowmobile back in 2004. Was stopped at a road crossing right there next to extreme power sports in gaylord, had my head turned back waiting on 1 other friend to catch up and was sitting sled next to sled with my buddy. My buddy got off to talk to the other friend and all i remember is hearing what sounded like skidding tires across snow/slush and before I could turn my head she hit the clutch side of my sled, tossing me into the air because my right leg was off the running board (at some point my red hood marked up the back of my black helmet) and I landed in the sitting position in a icey pile of snow. I woke up and was in shock and then starting flipping out cause i only had 20 miles on this sled :sonicjay: SHE (16 year old new driver)was crying obviously. She told the cops she was going 50mph when she lost control. Leg brused up really bad, went to hospital that night and couldnt go to work the next day cause my foot wouldnt fit in my boot. 3 days later i woke up in alot of pain and struggled to get out of bed. Fractured lower disk, nerve damage, and my back was all out of wack. Years later I still dont remember lots of details about this, kind of fuzzy and I got back pain everyday and have had many diffrent pain pills over the years. Luckly to be alive tho and will deal with it.

#13 ·
So what are looking to find out? Someone you know have this happen to them?

When I woke up my friends and family asked me if I seen the light? I said no I didn't see any light. All I remember was taking a jab to the chest then waking up at the hospital. Even the couple hours after I woke up were blurry my mom and dad had to fill me in. It was a hell of an ordeal. I wish it on nobody.

#14 ·
One year ago today,
Had an asthma attack at home, couldn't get the medicine inhaled.
Ended up in critical care ICU for 3 days, in a medically induced coma, on a ventilator.
6 days total in hospital.
Oh, and on the way to the hospital, 30 minute amb ride( which. I was out) my blood pressure dropped as low as 64/30. They were bagging my lungs to get me air, and pumping my chest to keep my pressure up, another 5 minutes, they said I'd be a goner.

Is 5 minutes close enough?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#15 ·
was in operating room 11 times in 5 weeks. totaled 6 weeks in hospital and don't recall most of it.

when i came home i decided that if i ever get that bad again and i do see the bright light ahead of me in the pitch black tunnel, which i never did experience, i am, seriously, going to turn around and run like hell.

#16 ·
I dont remember much from it all but I had a tumor remover from my pituitary gland and hours after the surgery the blood clot burst and I had to go in for emergency craniotomy. All I remember from the whole day was My Mom and Dad saying good bye and we'll see you when you come out. Spent 3 dayin ICU and 7 in regular room. Really F-ed me up and I am still dealing whit stuff from it. Still in a depression from it and it was 4 years ago,

#17 ·
Hmmm.....wake up from a "sleep"?
Feeling good and wide awake thinking you're alive?
You sweat and feel cold?
The sky is black and clear?
The moon is your only source of light?
Then you see "something" at your bedside cloaked in black and freak the fuck out?
You scream like a girl not knowing wtf it is?
You watched it drift away as you hear foot step running your way?
This is when you realize you're not asleep having a bad dream?
........Yes, that is a near death experience.

#21 ·
i was putting a basket ball hoop down one night and it was storming pretty bad i didnt want it to fall in the street or something wasnt really thinking i ran out to put it down and i grabbed it started pulling it down and a bolt of lighting hit the basket ball hoop and bounced off and hit the tree next to me the next morning i went out to look and a strip was going up the tree and in that spot the bark was hanging off.

idk if thats close buts thats me

#23 ·
I was flying a Cessna 172 that puked an engine. Made an off field landing and everything was ok. To be honest, I really wasn't that scared. I thought I might get hurt but I didn't think I was going to die. The farmer was kind of a dick about having to use his field.

#24 ·
I was 17 and was riding shotgun in my friends ZR2 Blazer. I was not wearing my seat belt (I know, dumb). The driver took his eyes off the road to mess with the radio and when he looked up a car had pulled out in front of us. He panicked and swerved to the right to miss the car. Unfortunately he swerved directly into a huge tree. As this was happening I twisted my upper body to the left and brought my right arm up to guard my face, then the airbag came out and drove my elbow into my ribs breaking 4 of them and collapsing that lung. I still remember the sound and the smell of the airbag.
Once it settled for a second I tried to get out of the truck. The door wouldn't open so I crawled out the window and landed on the ground and lost consciousness. People at the green house that we crashed in front of ran out to us. I remember a couple times waking up to them asking me my name a bunch of times just to keep me awake. And then in and out of consciousness many times until finally out of surgery in the hospital room with a tube sticking out of my side to suck out my lung.

I saw no light.

#25 ·
The OP was talking about Heart stopping. Which I've never had or at least never documented. But then a lot of my injuries weren't. I've had a few accidents that witness didn't think I'd be alive. And only one reason I was-God.
Each time people have asked if my life flashed be for me. My answer is no, what came to me was, do this then this,and you'll live. So I did and I do.

#30 ·
I tangled with the reaper just the other week. It was a stormy night and I was having a bit of my own personal battle, really straining one out on the toilet when all of a sudden I felt a loud pop and everything went dark. I figured it was a brain aneurysm that just burst which left me with only seconds to make my peace, but just then that sweet sound of victory splashed down to remind me I was indeed still alive and fighting, and that the loud pop was really just a transformer blowing up outside.

PS - I don't know how blind people do it, 4 squares and call it clean? What if it was Mexican night?

#34 ·
When I was 16, I was driving home from Harry's Army Surplus. I was on Northbound Middlebelt, just north of Plymouth Rd in the far right lane. There was no other traffic really on the road, strangely empty for being 8pm. A Chevy van going southbound, also in his far right lane, swerved into me. We were both going around 50mph. The next thing I know, I was waking up in the emergency room, completely in pain, and couldn't really see anything.

The only thing I actually remember from the crash was hearing "oh my god, he's dead".

The emergency room staff filled me in from the story the paramedics told me. The van hit, and my seat belt didn't lock. My head hit the windshield and my chest hit the steering wheel. My heart stopped due to "traumatic arrest". Because it happened right in front of a Livonia fire department, response time was less than a minute. They were out on foot right as the crash happened and had gear on me shortly after. I had CPR performed less than 2 minutes after the crash, had defibrillation and ventilation done as well.

Did I see a light? No. Did my life flash before me? No. Did anything happen that I would consider "out of the ordinary"? No. Then again, my brain wasn't technically "dying", in the sense that I went without oxygen for longer than I could have held my breath.

In my line of work, I've witnessed people dying from various causes. I've seen full grown men cry, begging for their mom. I've seen 90 year old women pass with a smile on their face. It's a matter of how long you have to make peace with what's happening, and its a matter of if you're ready to go or not.

#38 ·
A friend of mine was on his way to school and blew a tires swerved across four lanes (taking car next to him with him) literally jumped the curb about 5' off the ground and hit a tree drivers side going about 50. Was in a coma for 3 months and will be mentally handy capped for the rest of his life. The had to revive him 5 times on the way to the hospital his dad told me. 2 in other car and his girl friend suffered miner injuries and were released same day.

#41 ·
I've seen "the light". I have had 14 heart surgeries, 2 of them open chest. I have been saved on the operating table twice with paddles to get me going again. After the last open surgery I was on "milk of amnesia" better known as Propofol, the same stuff that killed my hero, MJ. I was on it for 4 days.

The first open surgery I had almost lost it in Bradycardia (too slow heart beat) because I had an internal pacemaker, and they put in an external pacemaker. The two were fighting for control. I was laying on a stainless steel table, with an OR light shining right in my face. I asked aloud "am I dead" my chest hurt like a mofo, and the gave me a medicine to bring me out of the sedation, and it took ALL of the sedation away. The nurse came in and gave me Morphine IV. This is when we found out I'm allergic to Morphine.

#43 ·
That's the way most find out about drug allergies. When they really need a good one to work. I mean we (most of us) don't try these drugs out.One of my neighbors actual refused more treatment, the drugs he was taking made him worse. Came home with hospice who then wanted him on Wait for it. More drugs.
Morphine must be a common one, this neighbor(found out when hospice wanted him on it) and the next one are both allergic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.