Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1% prez........"the jiggler"

229K views 2K replies 163 participants last post by  Mr.Green 
#1 · (Edited)
just finishing up my tj and my buddys tj(wheelsofsteele). he did a 60 front w 60 rear out of a 79 ford. had a rubicon long arm so we changed the upper links in rear, tossed the rear trackbar and built a 3 link for the front. i did a 60 front 14 bolt rear,3 link front, leaves in the rear. streched to 103. i built new arms for the front and 2.5 currie joints. will post up pictures and more detail when i figure out how to get these pictures in photobucket. we started mikes jeep july 29 sun night and finishing it up today. his tj is a 1997 mine is a 2003. there is some diffrent stuff between the years.i will give detail on what we ran into.

#1,130 · (Edited)
nice pictures.looked kinda silly with those big boggers on the back.:sonicjay:
found this from the weekend,just needed a blue jk and tj in the shot.
the adapter and my tranny is for sale.

Attachments

#1,134 ·
good if it ran right. think i have it figured out.had a air leak.

#1,136 ·
yea you have a hell of a nice ranger also.maybe see you at the badlands.we are going in july.

#1,138 ·
he makes the cut tab...you on the other hand,crawling is for baby's.:finger:

#1,142 ·
been there done that..boring. like i said crawling is for babies.
next year will be the year for "the show stopper" and "the panty dropper"
things are changing.....

#1,145 ·
yea thats why there is like 4 to 6 ultra 4's showing up at the races other then koh.:sonicjay:
they have over 20 rock bouncers at most every event down south.:thumb:
a rock bouncer is 30 to 60 grand.25 bucks to enter a class. ultra 4 is 100 grand plus and a grand to enter a class. plus the koh land is a maybe every year.
i'll stick with the good ol boys...:beerbang:

#1,150 ·
the rumor is they have built a new bounty hill at curly's.that should be crazy.i know where they were talking about cutting one and it was no joke.

#1,152 ·
not 100% sure.but if it is were i saw them looking it is nasty.we will find out this fall.

#1,153 ·
well i think i have the motor issue figured out.fuel pump has some unwanted aluminum chips in it from my gas tank.i have a filter after the pump but i didnt put one before it.that will also be going in.i can spray some starting fluid in the air filter and it runs great.put it on a scanner and no codes anywhere.cleaned the whole system out and it is better but putting a new pump on tomorrow.(if i find one) cant get it here in time from summit so parts store or i will go to sand lake with it running crappy.

#1,157 ·
no big deal.just popped 2 tires off the beads.have them back on already.new rims should be here next week.i put a nice dent in my passenger side rim.beat it with a hammer and it went back on the bead.nothing else broke.had shawn spraying starting fluid in the air cleaner during the whole run.:sonicjay:new fuel pump will be here first of the week also.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.