Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1% prez........"the jiggler"

229K views 2K replies 163 participants last post by  Mr.Green 
#1 · (Edited)
just finishing up my tj and my buddys tj(wheelsofsteele). he did a 60 front w 60 rear out of a 79 ford. had a rubicon long arm so we changed the upper links in rear, tossed the rear trackbar and built a 3 link for the front. i did a 60 front 14 bolt rear,3 link front, leaves in the rear. streched to 103. i built new arms for the front and 2.5 currie joints. will post up pictures and more detail when i figure out how to get these pictures in photobucket. we started mikes jeep july 29 sun night and finishing it up today. his tj is a 1997 mine is a 2003. there is some diffrent stuff between the years.i will give detail on what we ran into.

#606 ·
cory has been there about 2 hours since i started this.he is working.this was done mostly by me and jake. got the seats mounted,, the top done most all the tube is done.cory built me a nice motor cage tonight.have to get some bushing's and that will be on the front.should be ready for axles and coilovers tomorrow night.

and yes i put a fin on the back...:finger:

#611 ·
yea i was just sitting in it trying to figure out how to put some kind of firewall in.i wanna have it so i can remove it to pull whatever i need also.so that's a challenge ahead of me.

#609 ·
Very cool, I like it a lot. Not a fan of the little bubbles in the middle of the top, they don't match the lines of the rest of it, but that's just personal preference. Overall it's very badass and makes me realize how slow I am at building shit(when I actually get a chance to work on it)

#612 ·
cory wasn't there when we built that.me and jake did the top bars,then i needed something to brace the center bar..i said lets do a loop in here..jake looked at me and said thats gay. but we did it anyway.it turned out good and i'm happy with it.

#616 ·
True. havent had alot to do with the top half , but its still looking good :finger::sonicjay: . Back to work full time to keep the lights on. cant wait to see this thing get it . We all know Erin has got alot of shit to back up :blah::blah::blah: Should be a awsome summer WOO POW !!!

#617 ·
i have a bunch of sheets of aluminum i was thinking of using but not sure it's thick enough.i will figure it out.

#618 ·
i must say a huge thanks to cory.yet again he let me dirty his shop. i would not be were i am in building things without his shop and help!! thanks a bunch buddy.

#629 ·
axles are going under now. really looks crazy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.