Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Wellsville, OH 4/27-4/28

3K views 22 replies 11 participants last post by  All5ofus 
#1 ·
I don't post here very much, more reading than anything, but I'd like to share some pics from this weekend, hope you guys don't mind

we drove down and met up with a bunch of guys from the Ohio TTORA chapter, had a blast with them

See less See more
#6 ·

all in all, an awesome time, even though I had to replace a fuel pump and sending unit on the trailer friday night, and as I came backward off Pucker, I basically ripped my hitch off the frame, which gives me a reason to build bumpers

#8 ·
they had a buggy hill climb there last weekend,did you see that at all? i heard there is some of the hardest hill climbs ever at this place.plan on going sometime this year..nice pictures looks like you guys had fun!

#13 ·
I dont know where at in there it was held....it is a huge place and there is no map or anything....we were lucky to have local guides.

Yes, there are some of the crazyest climbs you will find anywhere....we are talking straight up the mountain, rocks, trees, shale that is slippery as all hell....its just like wheeling down south...only half as far away.

It is open and legal for riding...problem is the locals just trash the place and its always in jeopardy because of that.

#12 ·
the silver taco was badass, had a 4.0 yota motor in it and that longtravel IFS did great, flexed as good as a solid axle in some spots, but I loved that he took an 04-05 and cut it up as soon as it was paid off

I'm not sure, I was just told by the ohio guys that it was cool to wheel it and we went, supposedly one of the entrances charges $15/truck to get in, but if you take another road, you can drive right in with trailers, motorhomes, anything

#14 ·
Word^

its so beautiful, i wouldn't hesitate loading up and heading down for a trail cleanup day, it needs to be saved to keep it open for the public, hell there must have been 5000 beer cans and bottles, burned couches, bumper covers all sorts of shit everywhere

I mean, I totally understand leaving small things, mirrors, small peices of trim, little bitty things as momentos, but that shit was unreal how inconsiderate people are

#15 ·
It will never change....its such a huge place, and there are so many access points that it cant be monitored. Above that the locals do not want it to change...they want to go there, wheel for free, ride there quads without a helmet, drink beer and just toss the empty aside and all that.

I suspect it wont be around much longer....i know we (ohttora) will likely be holding our spring ride else where.....it is an awsome place but but there is alot of uncertainty and it gets worse all the time

#16 ·
i was told not to park in the lot and make sure everything is locked. they said you wanna go with someone that has been there.tons of trails everywhere. big time party spot though.

#17 ·
As long as you are parked I area with others your stuff will be ok...but yes keep it locked. On the trail....do not leave stuff alone and unattended..it will be striped and burnt...especially as its getting close to or is dark.

Someone who knows there way around is a must....i have been 4 times and spent multiple days on the trail each time and I still get lost easily.

The place is a absolute blast to wheel!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.