Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

8 lug JK --> RZR time

139K views 839 replies 41 participants last post by  mtnbiker995 
#1 · (Edited)
Some of you might know me, Collin, I've been to a handful of events in the last year or so riding along with @Ryanw10 or @BLZR. Well I decided to finally bring a build thread over here...I don't feel like posting all of my rebuild progress from when I totaled it until now but if you have any questions just ask...

It was stock when I totaled it and this is what it looks like now

I'm currently 8 lug rear 5 lug front. I should be 8 lug front and rear by the time I head up to Drummond on Oct 22nd. Last night I just picked up some Corbeau Baja JP Wide seats and threw them in, just gotta make a harness bar and get the 4pt's installed.

I've done all the work myself or with the help of friends so I can answer any questions you might have...for some reason there aren't a lot of JK build threads on GL4x4 :sonicjay:

See less See more
#285 ·
Last weekend I went to the West Michigan offroad & 4x4 fest. These are the only pics my photographer was able to get for me, I think I need to fire him.

I also got a lead on a complete kingpin 60 from a '79 for $600 from my coach at work...apparently the guy has a pile of ford axles and parts laying around so when I go pick up the 60 in the next few weeks I'm gonna be garage shopping a bit too. I break enough shit in my 44 already and I want a V8 and 37s+ so I figured it's time to upgrade and this just happen to fall in my lap. Just kinda sucks how much money I just sank into my 44 for new gears, etc.

#290 ·
Finally made bump stop extensions tonight... Planned on putting them on as well but had a shitty day at work and wasn't in the mood once I got home so that'll be tomorrow's project. Especially since I'm heading to the dunes Thursday

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

#294 ·
Got a little trigger happy with the sawsall last night. I can't believe how flimsy the stock cage is. Now I've just gotta grab my buddies hydraulic tube bender, pick up a couple sticks, and go to work. I'm working on finishing up my cage to frame tie in brackets and frame chop rear bumper right now so I can send them off to get laser cut.

#319 ·
For anyone interested in parts, I'm parting out my D44. The long side tube isn't straight with the housing, but it's trussed and welded in place now so it can't get any worse. It will still seal with Timken inner axle seals, but only takes a couple thousand miles before it wears through the seal and starts leaking. All other parts are in nice working condition. I'll get an updated list of parts and prices up later this afternoon for anyone interested. The sooner I can get parts sold the sooner I can get cash to fund my 60 build. I'll also take Kingpin 60 parts on trade...