9" all set up

Mounting dem

Crossmember clearenced for driveshaft

Damn Dog

Beast looking

Weld much?

See less See more
#2,003 ·
Turns out the magnate mount was not the best idea haha.

That horrible noise you hear at the end is the driveshaft hitting a body bolt, that's my carnage from the hits it took.

Well and it ripped the tubes out of the axle again but that's to be expected anymore :sonicjay:

#2,015 · (Edited)
alot!!!

this was my intention and found out that buggies are 10lbs of crap in a 5lb bag :sonicjay: there was definitely stuff that couldn't be reused so there was more stuff than I imagined that I had to purchase. then a metric shit ton of nickel and dime stuff

you would be better off (just guessing) doing an Ibex chassis so you can change/add things along the way. chassis like mine (or WOD, Jimmys, etc..) doesn't leave as much room for adding extra stuff.

hope that helps some. I thought mine would be kinda simple swapping stuff over and ended up spending way more than I thought we would.

#2,020 ·
#2,025 ·
Jim went through this before deciding to do his body swap. After picking out a company out at KOH he added everything together using everything he already had on his jeep and by time you add all that nickel and dime stuff that was mentioned it was still around 18k. That was including a semi sealed up cockpit for Michigan wheeling.

#2,026 ·
That's correct Tab. But a couple budget factors that impacted me;
I have 12" air shocks ~ that price included upgrading to 14-16" coil overs
At that time I had hydro assist ~ that price included upgrading to full hydro (which I have now done)
I had shitty seats in the jeep ~ that price included new high end suspension seats (which I have now done)

So, backing out shocks, hydro and seats, if I already had all that, the up charge to do the buggy would be closer to $12K. Still lots of money. I did my full body swap for about $4K.

I still struggle with this decision. I love being streetable and not a cop magnet. I love full heat, defrost, windshield, wipers, top and being weather proof. The downside is I still have to be more careful with it. Last year's Looney run took out a full top. :( It is gradually getting scratched and dented and is loosing its clean look. I also wish I had a longer wheel base.

There is no single good answer for a 4 season rig that I want to drive on the road.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.