Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Vacuums, what do I need to know

4K views 60 replies 38 participants last post by  rosie 
#1 ·
I absolutely hate our dyson, so I may or may not be in the market for a new vacuum. I have pets and a wife who sheds hair like a dog so hair pickup is important. The auto floor adjust is nice but not a deal breaker. What have you guys had luck with? And yes I vacuum, believe it or not but my house is kept clean.

#12 ·
I love our riccar, ive been told meile (sp) are good too. Dysons are shit, gotta spend some coin to get something nice. Go to a vacuum store. We have mostly hardwood floors but we also have a husky (had 2) and the carpeted rooms and rugs come clean with one easy pass. Had it for at least 3 years and zero issues. Cord recoil isnt as snappy as it was new but giben how we treat it i am suprised it still works at all

#44 ·
:sonicjay::sonicjay:

Are you trolling?

Sharks are consistently voted the WORST VACUUM MADE!

Look at reviews on amazon.

Their cordless shit is even worse than their plug in shit.

We have pet hair eraser bissels, and just picked up a dyson dc15. Dyson definitely has more sucking power, but the bissels work great too.

#17 ·
#18 ·
My old lady is an absolute neatfreak, bought some German vacuum for more than I paid for my first car. we had to have it serviced once, and the vacuum shop guy creamed himself when he saw it.

It's super quiet, that's all I really know.

I can look in the closet if you want to see what kind it is.

#30 ·
The cleaning lady says:
The Riccar is OK. It picks up nearly everything ...it likes to leave strings on the carpet and seems to be made of cheap materials.
I've busted two of them... On one, the handle snapped right off just above the bag area.

Shark and dyson... I can't tell the difference. They both hate certain types of carpet and make a grinding if you vacuum them normally.

Kirby, yuck! Clunky heavy, pita to use attachments, expensive, works well.

Rainbow, love/hate best over all machine. Emptying it is gross and it requires per-use care.

Save yourself a couple hundred bucks! Buy a basic vacuum($200ish), use it till it dies(8-10 years) then replace it. Most vacuums only last that long anyway.

We havea Eureka boss (pet), we've had it 8 or 9 years it still performed as well and in some cases better than the high end vacuums I use in client homes daily.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.