Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

How old are you? How long have you been wheeling?

9K views 134 replies 106 participants last post by  jbsjunk 
#1 ·
How old are you?
How long have you been in the Offroad game?

I think it's cool how our ages are all over the place. But we all enjoy the same thing.

#61 ·
40... been wheeling since I was 10 on bikes, trikes and quads... Got my first Four wheel drive when I was 19... A 1986 GMC K1500 with a 305/SM465 and stock 10 bolts w/3.08 gears on 35" BFG Mud terrains... Ask me how many 10 bolt rear ends I blew out before I went to a 12 bolt:teehee: (before I knew anything about 1 ton axles)... Oh yeah put a late 60's 350 in it along the way as well... The old truck is still alive (Not well) but alive at least.:woot:

#75 ·
Im 43 been wheeling some thing since I could walk. Didnt get my first 4x4 untill I was 19, a big k5 blazer.

I remember the dunes back then. You could drive out about 300' to a sand bar if your truck was big enough and you knew where to go. Bon fires,camping, beer, and traffic going in all directions. It was crazy.

#70 ·
52 in April, In 1971 I got the family/farm jeep CJ2A 134 4 cyl and at ten years old I might have been a 1%. In 1977 I bought a Chevy Scottsdale 20 put a 4 inch lift, cut out fender flares, and 35 inch Monster Mudders, oh yes and a pipe bumper made in welding shop class. For almost 3 months I was the tallest truck in town, then some a hole my best freind got a 78 ford Bronco and 40 inch Ground Hawgs.

#86 ·
I'm 22 and there's pictures of me as a baby sitting in our dune buggy. I started sand drag racing at 7 so its kinda off road. But I bought my blazer when I was 17 as my first car. I buried it the first week I owned it (first hole too :sonicjay:) and 3 years later I hacked off the front end.

So 5 years in a truck, 2 years of serious wheeling, and 22 years in a dune buggy!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.