Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

4½" Flap Discs - Zirconia @ $1.89/ea!

8K views 75 replies 9 participants last post by  bigbchevy 
#1 · (Edited)
We have these back in stock now and they are quality discs.

We also have Weiler American Made flap discs for about $3.ea

Make sure to use discount code: GRIT

See less See more
#63 ·
I'll give my fast review. I ordered (2) of the trial sets. In my opinion, the cutting wheels are descent quality, but not great. I get better life out of the dewalt wheels, but the dewalt wheels are also over twice the price. I have had problems with the wheels fraying apart if I bind up the angle grinder. Somewhat my fault, but other wheels haven't had that problem.

The flap discs however, are outstanding for the price. I would say on par with anything I can buy at Lowes/HD for about 1/3 of the price.

The "home run" of the deal is the fact that I don't have to leave my house to get the stuff, and shipping is free. I thought it would take 5-7 days to get my stuff from Cali, but it actually showed up in 3 or 4 days (multiple orders all show up that fast).

I will be buying more for sure.

#65 ·
Feedback Appreciated. THere are several 4.5 cut off wheels to pick from on the list. If you pick the ones for 89cents (they have the shortest life but way better than HF stuff). The USA "stainless"wheels at the top of the list have been beating the higher end metabos and some others. The higher the price, the higher the quality. You can turn, bind, & pinch those to a much greater degree with less failure.

I don't want to advertise that guys go out and try to "bind" them in between two pieces of steel, its just not how they are supposed to be used. But we all know it happens, just the nature of cutting steel with a hand held grinder.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.