Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Front bumper & Tire carrier pics

2K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  OttoMan 
#1 · (Edited)
Been workin on my bumpers and tire carrier for the TJ. Figured I'd post up some pics of what I've got done. Would like to see what everyone else is building too. Lets see some pics of your bumpers and tire carriers.

I needed to come up with something that would raise my winch off the frame a few inch's to clear the gear box that was raised on the frame rail. The front crossmember is a 3X4 inch tubing that was angled in the middle. Wanted something other than just a square tube up front.

If this should be in the build threads, then feel free to move it. Just figured it would fit in the fabrication section.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 · (Edited)
And the rear carrier was made from 1 1/4 inch round tubing, with the main support mount being 1.5" 1/4" wall. I used 3/4" chromoly rod ends for the mounts at all for corners. And after making all those brackets, and coping all that tubing I really miss cutting my lawn. :sonicjay:

Attachments

#10 ·
would you be willing to post pics of that? i am interested in doing something like this in the future for a truck and am worried about flex.
when i was younger i had a bronco that flexed since alot of stuff was rotted through.

i always liked the look of that spare on the back. i know that there are bumpers available but i like to see all options and different methods.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.