Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

JoshuaCripe don't deal with him

101K views 820 replies 130 participants last post by  curbdog17 
#1 ·
I would hesitate to deal with this guy. I have been talking to him through PM's, texting and phone calls since Thursday about a vehicle he had for sale. He lives south of Jackson and I live in Fenton. Its about an hour and a half from his house to mine. Which is a decent drive if I was to drive all the way there then back. So through the discussions back an forth I asked him to meet me. So here is a run down of the time line on how this went.

Through PM's and texting on Thursday and Friday he sent me some more pics and I asked some basic questions about it. He quickly responded to all texts and PM's. I sent him a text on Saturday and he said he would be available all day on Sunday for me to look at it. I sent him a text about 4pm to ask him if noon would work on Sunday and if he could meet me half way. He responded about a half hour later with "were at the Michigan Renaissance festival in Holly..will text later". I don't know if he has ever looked at a map or not but Holly is right next to Fenton. He literally drove past my house to go there. I responded by telling him "no problem...are you driving it now?" He then told me he was driving it and if was near there its 2hours form his door all freeway. I the told him I am right next to holly and was wondering if he could stop by for me too look at it since he was up this way. He did not respond at all on Saturday.

Sunday morning he sent me a text informing me that the key way on the p/s pump stripped and he would take $1300 for it like that. I told him no problem I could fix it and asked if he still could meet me half way. He then sent me back a text to tell me he was going to take it to get it fixed this morning. I told him to not worry about fixing it because I could. He didn't answer back so I called him about 11am. During the phone conversation he told me that he should be done fixing it shortly and he had to pick his wife and kids up from church at noon. We agreed to meet half way and he would call me back after he picked them up.

Still no response from him at 12:30 so I called him with no answer and left a message. He never responded so through out the day I had called him and sent him a couple more text's and PM's. I still have not heard from him at all but just seen he posted that He traded the vehicle off.

So just to give everyone a fair waring be careful of this guy wasting a lot of your time.

See less See more
#175 ·
so, does the bashing continue on the guy now that its out he is a former marine?
Being a marine does not preclude him from being a dumbass.

#174 ·
You have received an infraction at Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear JoshuaCripe,

You have received an infraction at Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest.

Reason: Inappropriate Language
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
SANDALS

Really Sandals after all thats been said ur mad about my language?

#184 ·
well, since most people are so "pro" armed forces and praise these guys (not that they dont deserve it) it seems contradictory to bash the guy while also praising "who" he is
"Like" and "respect" are not the same. I can respect someone's choice without liking the person.

#194 ·
I also had the same thing happen to me. Was going to trade him vehicles last year, had multiple pms and texts answered, but when the day came to make the deal, he never responded texts, or messages from here. So I am only saying that I would never deal with him either, just because of past experience with him.

#198 ·
Ive helped sell 12 vechiles for myself family or friends on here within last 2yrs.

NOT ONE PERSON HAS COMPALINED...Ive boughten from 12 members on here NOT ONE HAS COMPLAINED...

Everyone whos complained has neither taken nor sold anything to or from me.
If theres no transaction hows there a problem?

From bttersxc
I see absolutely no problem with if you don't want to sell to a particular person. The thing I do have a problem with (I will repeat this again) is that if you don't want to meet up with someone, tell them. If you don't want to take a lower offer, tell them. If something comes up and you won't be available, tell them.

I mean this in no mocking or disrespectful way but ill try ...simple as that

#202 ·
#205 ·
#211 ·
no you see the first time they tried they accidently let there number go thro and of course to voicemail...i was told not to post anyones home phone or cell or address on here.

This number belongs to PhoneMyPhone.com. It's a great service for finding your lost cellphone, but it can also be used to prank call by entering in someone else's phone number. If you are receiving unwanted calls from this number, it's because someone is typing in your phone number and pressing the "Call me" button to harass you. You can stop the calls by staying on the line and then it will tell you to press a number on your phone to block their service permanently, or you can also stop them by visiting their website.In any form is illegal and should be reported.

#213 ·
call phonemyphone and they can give u the number that last dialed your number. No longer hate you Josh just ur feeding the fire. After reading the previous posts from members on here im pissed.Again i believe this thread is borderline illegal and someone other then our lazy ass moderators should read it

#221 ·
lol when it comes to money and what people want this thread makes no differance..im going to keep on selling the way i do_Only differance is ill put in caption"if i find u rude i wont sell to u"" If ur a white trash broke as shit hillbilly i wont sell to u either"....that way nobodies feelings get hurt.

#225 ·
You have received an infraction at Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear JoshuaCripe,

You have received an infraction at Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest.

Reason: Inappropriate Language
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
SANDALS

Really Sandals after all thats been said ur mad about my language?

#240 ·
I am not reading all of this thread. All I read about is how you are a hack, your vehicles are f-ed up, you are inconsiderate, you dont listen to anyone / know everything. But you disagree. hahaha tee hee hee. You need to make some stainless steel condoms so you cant procreate. I am sure your .05mm tolerance will come in handy for that project.

#246 ·
You need to make some stainless steel condoms so you cant procreate. I am sure your .05mm tolerance will come in handy for that project.
If those are guaranteed not to rust or fall off i will buy some!

#244 ·
No because i have the cash i move on to next seller

As a Buyer i look at location not so much price, if one person sells i move onto next person

As a seller i look for someone whos not trying to get rich off my item, nor screw me down the road.

AGAIN ITS MY ITEMS AND MY MONEY ILL DO WHAT I WISH WITH BOTH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.