Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

WhiteRhino's Latest Mods

Tags
meballs
317K views 2K replies 189 participants last post by  whiterhino 
#1 ·
Sometime late last summer I was talking to Jim about modding his jeep and it snowballed and somehow I got in the middle of it. before I knew what was going on I agreed to build his jeep over again pretty much. The goal was lots of strength and a nice cushy ride while providing clearance for 40's in the future.

The entire build/arguing/problem solving thread is here: http://www.misfitoffroad.com/phpbb/viewtopic.php?t=8991&start=0

it will be completely finished and wheelable in the next couple weeks.
here are a few pictures of the build:

Attachments

See less See more
#1,278 ·
Chris, I bought new Krawler stickies that are on my Hutchinson wheels. These are sand/snow/road tires.

Which part don't you like?
I don't know. I've always been a big balloony kind of guy and going from 12" down to 8" is going to take some getting used to. Plus I went from (semi) shiny aluminum wheels to black wheels.

The other problem is I just aired up my shocks and it sits too high and crooked.:teehee:

What do you think John?

#1,288 ·
Finally got a chance to wheel with the new wheels. I was surprised that I burped air on the beadlock side a few times. But they held air and the POS went where I pointed it so I was pleased. :thumb: I need to take a good look at the front axle to see how it held up to a major collision with a rock last night on a night run. I think @Ironman Offroad was going through the windshield. :sonicjay:

#1,307 ·
A couple upgrades. Even with a high pinion in the rear, the driveshaft has been taking abuse. The yoke is worn down to the point the snap rings are about to pop out. Repair on that later.

So to protect it, I installed a Blue Torch Fab dif and pinion yoke guard.

On the front end, as normal with stock D60 knuckles with high steer, I developed a crack on the driver's side. Thankfully, it didn't fail on the trail.

So, adding a little orange up front thanks to Dale @ @Ironman Offroad.

With any luck I'll be back together in a couple weeks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.