Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Tony Stewart-WTF

13K views 117 replies 52 participants last post by  ScOoTeR 
#1 ·
#70 ·
Stay the fuck off the track! I think it's retarded how the drivers will get out after a crash and stand in the track to talk shit as the cars are going by. It was bound to happen unfortunately.
I don't think I've ever watched more than 2 laps of any auto race. Is this a thing that happens frequently? I know there's a stereotype the the fans are idiots, but maybe that needs to be shifted to some of the drivers.

#8 ·
Very Unfortunate that hits close to home. Makes me sad. This is the town my wife grew up in.

The unfortunate part is that if there is video of Tony Stewart gunning the motor and the back end kicking out, hes looking at involuntary manslauter.

Penalties and Sentences Manslaughter in the state of New York carry a Penal Code sentence of 3 to 15 years in prison. Conviction of aggravated second-degree manslaughter carries a heavier sentence and is subject to a term of 7 to 20 years in prison. The court may also levy a fine of $5,000 for the offenses.

#9 ·
There will be zero charges. The guy ran out into the track (during a night race no less), other cars had to swerve to miss him and Tony tried to swerve too and the guy was jumping all around and got clipped with the back tire that hangs way out there. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

#11 ·
Another "hero" is made for the Nascar crowd.

#12 ·
In the video it looks like he is trying to kick the rear end out away from the guy but its hard to tell for sure. I doubt that someone who has raced their whole life and has undoubtedly been in higher stress situations would have lost their cool and intentionally hit him.

#18 ·
That slow motion video pretty plainly shows that Tony hit the throttle to swing the back end AWAY from that idiot and the back tires hooked back up too soon and it was when the car straightened back out it did so just in time to clip him.

I see absolutely nothing malicious or intentional. I see him trying to AVOID the idiot who decided to get out of his car and run out into the middle of a race track while cars will still...uhm... RACING!

#93 ·
This
Keep in mind that there is very, very little room inside a sprint car to move your head. With his helmet and all the side bolsters he probably can't see out the side much, if at all.
This

I doubt he expected to see him there so why go low?
This

No the race isn't important, but safety is paramount, and in racing that is never more important, however you as a driver cannot and are not responsible for others actions, that is why you worry about yourself and yourself only. I've been to many a drivers meeting on tracks all over the country and this very same point is stressed. Worry about yourself, don't stop to help a racer, let the track offices handle it, keep yourself out of danger, ect. So going low or what ever how you see it doesn't work. Nobody but tony knows what was going through his head at the time. I'm willing to bet he never saw him, there is no way he hit him on propose, or even tried to get close to scare him. Unless tony admits to hitting him on propose, then he is 100% not responsible.
and even this......shit, even on my stupid pedally bikes that hancho can't understand during rider meetings they literally tell us the exact same shit.

#34 ·
I used to love watching racing. Never do anymore. Its a sad day for that kids family.
I doubt he did this on purpose, and im sure he didnt mean to kill him.
wrecking the guy was probably on purpose.
Driving close to him on the way buy, after wrecking him, thats a shitty thing to do.
he could have taken the low line, it was open. Tony just comes off as a complete asshole.
So many people will say he did it on purpose.

#35 ·
Well if should say a lot about the kid that he would exit his car on a hot track to yell at someone? Give me a break, that is like day one stuff...never leave or get out of the car!!! Blame tony all you want, but the way I see it, he is the victim here. He is the one under the micro scope, as if he had any control over the kid walking into him

#51 ·
You are right. You dont get out of your car, and walk on the track.
Thats so stupid it got him killed.

It just looked like he could have tried to go low and avoid the sutuation.

I dont think he killed the guy on purpose though.

Any way you cut it, its a horribly sad story!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.