Cool pic. NSFW. discuss... - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 29th, 2008, 04:22 PM   #21
bigjay
The Man Myth And Legend
 
bigjay's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-07-07
Location: i can piss on the allegan and barry county line at the same time.. ...
Posts: 5,121
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodiak450r View Post
makes me hungry for waffles... :shrug:
bigjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 29th, 2008, 04:29 PM   #22
FORD FLARESIDE
Hockey, it is what it is!
 
FORD FLARESIDE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-06
Location: Comstock Park
Posts: 22,325
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
in the immortal words of Arthur Fonzarelli, "correctamundo"
Would you stop agreeing with me,...............this is the third time in two months and you are pissing me off.
FORD FLARESIDE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2008, 05:09 PM   #23
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,845
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
if it makes you feel better I don't approve of the pussies we have in congress either. They need to stand up against the bullshit (e.g. Rove, Cheney, Bush, etc.)
What do they have to "stand up against" with Rove or Cheney?

A congressional censure of a staff member?

A congressional resolution that they don't like Dick (Nancy would be at odds with Barney on this one)?
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 29th, 2008, 09:50 PM   #24
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,881
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

for starters, how about with the FISA bill to grant immunity to the telecom companies who helped the president illegally spy on citizens.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 08:15 AM   #25
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,130
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
for starters, how about with the FISA bill to grant immunity to the telecom companies who helped the president illegally spy on citizens.

Do you really know what you're talking about or do you just believe anything that supports your hatred of the president?

They aren't spying on citizens, they are spying on foreigners. Foreigners don't have the same rights under US law. It's not illegal.

Here, read...

http://www.washingtontimes.com/apps/...810392372/1013

...they said it much better than I could have.

68-29, even most of the democratic party agrees that FISA is a good idea.

Mike you've gone off into far left wing land with Nancy and Harry. Take off your tin foil hat and come back to the middle, Bush will be gone in less than a year.



Comparing Bush to a facist like Hitler is ignorant. Facists, like Hitler were born out of socalism. The same socialism that the far left supports.

Nancy Obama and Hillary are much more Facist than Bush ever will be.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 10:11 AM   #26
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,457
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Hiltler killed millions of people, Bush screwed millions of people. Bad yes but not on the same level. btw I think that flag is a photochop.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 1st, 2008, 10:23 AM   #27
87'YJ
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus
 
87'YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Columbus
Posts: 1,651
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
That looks like europe.
So remember, that whole continent would be goosestepping in german if it wasn't for americans fighting in foreign lands.
And we've always left a country (read rebuilt) better off.
Its funny how quickly they forget.

Yeah, they are the same except for the slaughter of 6 million jews, killing of millions of and civilians and soldiers in firebombings, airraids and invasions of cities, the removal of basic freedoms (including the right to own/bear arms), control of the media, extremely high taxation, supression of religions, etc.

Oh wait, they aren't the same at all. You're all sompletely insane if you think that.
87'YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 08:45 PM   #28
Wojo
Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-06
Location: Wyandotte
Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

LOL, Oh thats great!

Sad, But TRUE!
Wojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 09:00 PM   #29
upchuck
Senior Member
 
upchuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-16-07
Location: grand rapids, Michigan
Posts: 1,101
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Oh yes, both Reagan and Shrub are saints worthy of Rushmore
upchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 09:53 PM   #30
Wojo
Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-06
Location: Wyandotte
Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
What do they have to "stand up against" with Rove or Cheney?

A congressional censure of a staff member?

A congressional resolution that they don't like Dick (Nancy would be at odds with Barney on this one)?
Here, I'll give you a few reasons.

1. Violating the United Nations Charter by launching an illegal "War of Aggression" against Iraq without cause, using fraud to sell the war to Congress and the public, misusing government funds to begin bombing without Congressional authorization, and subjecting our military personnel to unnecessary harm, debilitating injuries, and deaths.

2. Violating U.S. and international law by authorizing the torture of thousands of captives, resulting in dozens of deaths, and keeping prisoners hidden from the International Committee of the Red Cross.

3. Violating the Constitution by arbitrarily detaining Americans, legal residents, and non-Americans, without due process, without charge, and without access to counsel.

4. Violating the Geneva Conventions by targeting civilians, journalists, hospitals, and ambulances, and using illegal weapons, including white phosphorous, depleted uranium, and a new type of napalm.

5. Violating U.S. law and the Constitution through widespread wiretapping of the phone calls and emails of Americans without a warrant.

6. Violating the Constitution by using "signing statements" to defy hundreds of laws passed by Congress.

7. Violating U.S. and state law by obstructing honest elections in 2000, 2002, 2004, and 2006.

8. Violating U.S. law by using paid propaganda and disinformation, selectively and misleadingly leaking classified information, and exposing the identity of a covert CIA operative working on sensitive WMD proliferation for political retribution.

9. Subverting the Constitution and abusing Presidential power by asserting a "Unitary Executive Theory" giving unlimited powers to the President, by obstructing efforts by Congress and the Courts to review and restrict Presidential actions, and by promoting and signing legislation negating the Bill of Rights and the Writ of Habeas Corpus.

10. Gross negligence in failing to assist New Orleans residents after Hurricane Katrina, in ignoring urgent warnings of an Al Qaeda attack prior to Sept. 11, 2001, and in increasing air pollution causing global warming.


Want more? I have plent more all you have to do is ask. Oh I can't forget number 11 though.

11. He has murdered the English language
Wojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2008, 11:22 PM   #31
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,671
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Wojo
You do realize that there is a holy war being waged against America and all Americans. They will not quit or compromise. It is their religious duty. There can be no truce. And they really do torture people in horrific ways then behead/ murder them. They do use mentally disabled and children for human born IEDs. It is their religious duty to convert or kill everyone who does not believe as they do. They do not want to be left alone.
If Al Qaida, Hezzbolah don't play by the rules or convention, why should the U.S.?

I don't understand why people get hung up on the WMD thing proving some big conspiracy. It only proves our government is stupid. If G-Dub knew the WMDs were not there, they would have planted them, and attacked anyway. Personally, I think they are there, we just haven't found them yet.
Blame Saddam Hussein for the war in Iraq, he was warned.

This country is at war. Unconventional, but it is still a war.

On Katrina. That was a huge disaster. I don't think we would fare much better today. Understand this, FEMA worked as planned. It's just the plan sucks. But the bigger issue is those people didn't prepare to take care of themselves. They sat on their collective asses waiting for someone to save them. NOLA thought feds were going to fall out the sky with food, water and checkbooks. It never has worked that way. They always meander in days and weeks later. It is up to local resources to have a plan in place and supplies until FEMA comes on board. Then, traditionally, FEMA manages what the locals have in place and augments it with the spending power of the federal government.
FEMA has been like that for years, long before G.W. Bush.

Hypothetically: Do you think Detroit/Metro is better prepared to deal with a major, unheard of, once in 500 year disaster?
Like three feet of snow and the power grid fails?

Peace out, cub scout
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 01:43 AM   #32
Wojo
Member
 
Join Date: 11-04-06
Location: Wyandotte
Posts: 39
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

XXXJ im not sure where your going with your post but I do agree that there is a holly war, but if we havn't learned anything from the past. You can't fight against a holly with an army.

Im sure they do torture people in horrific ways, but so do we.

As quoted by George Santayana

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it"
Wojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 04:01 AM   #33
kkodet
Formerly Route55
 
kkodet's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-21-07
Location: Marine City, Michigan
Posts: 4,384
iTrader: (47)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Holly war? Is that when Santa and Frosty throw down?
kkodet is online now   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 04:45 AM   #34
gofastbobby
The guy Dale doesn't know
 
gofastbobby's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-07
Location: kalamazoo, mi
Posts: 4,193
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

we need to eliminate bipartisanship.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatFender View Post
America! Fuck yeah!
gofastbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 09:12 AM   #35
87'YJ
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus
 
87'YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Columbus
Posts: 1,651
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
XXXJ im not sure where your going with your post but I do agree that there is a holly war, but if we havn't learned anything from the past. You can't fight against a holly with an army.

Im sure they do torture people in horrific ways, but so do we.

As quoted by George Santayana

"Those who cannot learn from history are doomed to repeat it"
They are fighting us with an army of radicals... How would you chose to fight them? With hugs and kisses?

The only thing we have to learn from history is that if we do not go in and "fight to win" we will lose (vietnam).
87'YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 09:27 AM   #36
deuce228
Redneck Poser
 
deuce228's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: West Branch, MI
Posts: 7,971
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Is it a war that we can't win? Perhaps.
Is it mishandled at times? For Sure.
Can you fight dirty people without also fighting dirty? Not a fucking chance.

On to Katrina. What the fukc would you have liked them to do? Divert the hurricane and tell it that it didn't belong? It was a fucking natural disaster. Mother nature executed that bitch perfectly. It was almost as if god was chasing the devil. Hit the area most vunerable, and kicked the shit right out of them. People fled the area to Texas and the areas they went too damn near drowned in flooding. Some of the people went into OH and IN and the areas got socked with the worst tornados in years.

Let's hear the plan you could have had in place within days of the storms that you could have executed immediatley and still manage to jump thru the loopholes of politics to try to please most.

I still stick to my guns on the fact that FEMA is a mismanaged POS and the funds need to be gifted to a proper aid such as Red Cross. Red Cross was able to respond immediatley because that is what they do. They didn't have the loopholes of bullshit to jump thru.

Oh back on topic. That pic is a joke. Doesn't suprise me people think of Bush like that. What do you think some of the Saddam people would say with the pics that floated around with him? Similar situation. There are always haters opposite and equally as strong as the allies in any circumstance..
deuce228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 10:59 AM   #37
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,051
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wojo View Post
Here, I'll give you a few reasons.

1. Violating the United Nations Charter by launching an illegal "War of Aggression" against Iraq without cause, using fraud to sell the war to Congress and the public, misusing government funds to begin bombing without Congressional authorization, and subjecting our military personnel to unnecessary harm, debilitating injuries, and deaths.

2. Violating U.S. and international law by authorizing the torture of thousands of captives, resulting in dozens of deaths, and keeping prisoners hidden from the International Committee of the Red Cross.

3. Violating the Constitution by arbitrarily detaining Americans, legal residents, and non-Americans, without due process, without charge, and without access to counsel.

4. Violating the Geneva Conventions by targeting civilians, journalists, hospitals, and ambulances, and using illegal weapons, including white phosphorous, depleted uranium, and a new type of napalm.

5. Violating U.S. law and the Constitution through widespread wiretapping of the phone calls and emails of Americans without a warrant.

6. Violating the Constitution by using "signing statements" to defy hundreds of laws passed by Congress.

7. Violating U.S. and state law by obstructing honest elections in 2000, 2002, 2004, and 2006.

8. Violating U.S. law by using paid propaganda and disinformation, selectively and misleadingly leaking classified information, and exposing the identity of a covert CIA operative working on sensitive WMD proliferation for political retribution.

9. Subverting the Constitution and abusing Presidential power by asserting a "Unitary Executive Theory" giving unlimited powers to the President, by obstructing efforts by Congress and the Courts to review and restrict Presidential actions, and by promoting and signing legislation negating the Bill of Rights and the Writ of Habeas Corpus.

10. Gross negligence in failing to assist New Orleans residents after Hurricane Katrina, in ignoring urgent warnings of an Al Qaeda attack prior to Sept. 11, 2001, and in increasing air pollution causing global warming.


Want more? I have plent more all you have to do is ask. Oh I can't forget number 11 though.

11. He has murdered the English language

Hmm, thats a lot of stupid all in one post. How do you do it?
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 10th, 2008, 01:26 PM   #38
CreativeFab
used to be Ironman
 
CreativeFab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-01-05
Location: midland
Posts: 3,215
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasheromalley View Post
Hmm, thats a lot of stupid all in one post. How do you do it?
He cried the whole time he copied and pasted it, thats how he does it.

Peace and love, just like the sixties
CreativeFab is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.41826 seconds with 75 queries