|March 28th, 2006, 09:33 PM||#1|
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Champaign, IL
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
My CJ.....throwin it out there
I am just considering selling my CJ. I really dont want to, but I am currently exploring my options on what I want to do. The Jeep performs extremely well, and is built right.
1979 Jeep CJ-5
*Built AMC 304, with approx. 2000 miles on the rebuild. Everything was gone through. It has a Edelbrock Performer Intake, Cam, Carb, DUI Waterproof Ignition, New Radiator, Optima Battery, and other stuff that I am probably forgetting right now.
* T-18 that works extremely well through the gears, I dont have any problems with it, and it also has a Dana 20 that works well, and was just resealed last year. It has a Centerforce Clutch.
* Scout II Dana 44 Front axle narrowed to stock CJ widetrack width, and stuffed with 4:88 gears, and a full detroit locker. New Brakes, Warn Premium Hubs, and seals, and heavy duty tierod-draglink setup with drop pitman arm. Works awesome, just finished last summer.
* 1986 Jeep CJ-7 Rear Dana 44, with 4:88 Gears and Detroit Locker. Finished Last summer.
* Blue Torch Fab Spring Plates
* 4.5" RE Springs with MORE Boomerang Shackles, and BDS Shocks. All new last year
* Full Fiberglass Body in great shape with a one piece tilt frontend. This tub was built by AJ's Bodys, and they were the best in the business. Very beefy.
* New Custom Aluminum Dash with waterproof CD/Stereo, and speakers, CB radio. New Autometer Gauges, that are very nice, and a fresh column. It looks amazing. I also have new Wet Okele seat covers.
* 6 point cage, tied into the frame at all spots, very beefy and has a rear bar added in for more support.
* New front bumper made out of 2x4x.25 wall tubing, and the ends are clearanced and capped. The rear is 4x4x.25 wall tubing.
* Tires are 36" Super Swamper Irok Radials with only 800 miles on them. They are on Black Rockcrawler rims, and the tires have almost perfect tread, and are the best tire I have ever owned.
Bad- Nothing really, a few scratches here and there, and some bending on the windshield mount. Thats about it. It runs and drives great, and it is amazing to wheel. Low COG, power, gears, tires, its nice.
I am looking for maybe a lifted Cherokee in trade, something easier to drive year round. I would still like lockers and it to be strong(built), but we will see........ I really dont want to sell it, but I am throwing it out there to see what kind of interest there is. If I were to set a price on it......I would probably be asking
somewhere around $11,000 OBO. I would still lose a bunch of money at that price, but everything is built right and it is pretty darn near perfect. I would prefer a trade for a really nice Cherokee, but I am open to see what is available. Everything was pretty much new last year.
These are pics from last year, without a lot of stuff updated. No windshield on in the pics, the dash is different, no seat covers on it yet, and the front bumper is different. That is about it.
Last edited by drummond; March 29th, 2006 at 11:22 AM.
|March 28th, 2006, 11:04 PM||#2|
Join Date: 01-11-06
Location: bay city
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
very nicely built jeep. very capable. could go anywhere with a good driver
08 qcsb Duramax Ltz
02 tj with some parts laying around **for sale**
08 crf 450 with a few goodies
Last edited by boggin-machine; March 29th, 2006 at 06:14 AM.
|March 29th, 2006, 08:17 AM||#3|
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Very nice Jeep. You may want to put it in autotrader.com People around here (ie. GL4x4) rarely pay fair market value for parts and vehicles.
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff: