Lt. Dan - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 5th, 2008, 09:43 PM   #1
bj house
Senior Member
 
bj house's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-02-06
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 5,289
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Lt. Dan

I had a Lt. Dan moment. I actually shouted is that all you've got

Mother nature wtf, huge globs of noisy wet snow coming down at a furious rate now.

Good news is that we seemed to have missed a lot of freezing rain. Tomorrow if it warms up ought to be interesting. Anyones power lines crackling

Standard winters are no more in SE MI. When was the last time we had only snow from Nov through early March. :chiefwoohaw:
bj house is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 5th, 2008, 10:24 PM   #2
bj house
Senior Member
 
bj house's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-02-06
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 5,289
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

oh shit I cursed it just turned back to freezing rain
bj house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 10:35 PM   #3
KILLER"B"468
Yankabilly
 
KILLER"B"468's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Hendersonville Tn.
Posts: 7,945
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

we just survived round 1 with 1.75 hail and a ton of tornadoes. rd 2 will be here in a few hours. it is 74* right now but will be 36* in the morning.
__________________
being on the eastern edge of the central time zone sucks...it gets dark WAY to early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
An occasional jello or vasoline wrestling match isn't out of the question either.
KILLER"B"468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 10:41 PM   #4
mpwal099
Stick it up your ass
 
mpwal099's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-05-06
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 3,070
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj house View Post
oh shit I cursed it just turned back to freezing rain
you did it now. We were at a concert many years ago in Indiana camping out on a farm. You could see a huge front coming at us. My drunk ass stepped out side the camper and yelled "Bring it on God!" while tipping my beer to the sky. Well He brought it. All the tents in the farm unstaked, and blew right past our camper and came to rest in the next farm over. My friend still has a lump in his head from the awning crashing into his skull. Lesson to be learned: Don't curse god when he is listening :tonka:
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
I feel, for the most part, we have a whole generation of worthless, lazy, pieces of shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Matty View Post
A good chunk of the younger generation is really fucked up. Not all of them, but a good amount.
mpwal099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 5th, 2008, 11:52 PM   #5
Roadhouse
DrivewayJeeper
 
Roadhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sanford
Posts: 10,956
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER"B"468 View Post
we just survived round 1 with 1.75 hail and a ton of tornadoes. rd 2 will be here in a few hours. it is 74* right now but will be 36* in the morning.
at least it waited til I left nashville for the hail. altho' 70 degree weather would of been nice...its was only mid 40's when we where there.
Roadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 07:34 AM   #6
KILLER"B"468
Yankabilly
 
KILLER"B"468's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Hendersonville Tn.
Posts: 7,945
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhouse View Post
at least it waited til I left nashville for the hail. altho' 70 degree weather would of been nice...its was only mid 40's when we where there.
When were you in Nashville? I am 15 minutes from there

round 2 went thru at 1:30 am just missed us. 1st round hit 10 mile NE from us taking out a natural gas pumping station. I am sure it will be on the news. The flames were around 150 to 200 ft in the air. It looked like a sunrise.

Off to work with the kids they have no school.
__________________
being on the eastern edge of the central time zone sucks...it gets dark WAY to early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
An occasional jello or vasoline wrestling match isn't out of the question either.
KILLER"B"468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 07:38 AM   #7
mpwal099
Stick it up your ass
 
mpwal099's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-05-06
Location: Plymouth
Posts: 3,070
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

you mean this news?

http://www.wsmv.com/weather/15225132/detail.html


that is on CNN
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
I feel, for the most part, we have a whole generation of worthless, lazy, pieces of shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Matty View Post
A good chunk of the younger generation is really fucked up. Not all of them, but a good amount.
mpwal099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 08:33 AM   #8
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 25,529
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Default

life is like a box of chocolates............
Immortal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 10:39 AM   #9
Roadhouse
DrivewayJeeper
 
Roadhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sanford
Posts: 10,956
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER"B"468 View Post
When were you in Nashville? I am 15 minutes from there

.
We were there last week Tues-Sat. Downtown for a conference.
Roadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 07:49 PM   #10
KILLER"B"468
Yankabilly
 
KILLER"B"468's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Hendersonville Tn.
Posts: 7,945
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpwal099 View Post
you mean this news?

http://www.wsmv.com/weather/15225132/detail.html


that is on CNN
yes that mess... the natural gas pumping station that blew up is 12 miles from my house. 5 tornadoes touched done in sumner co. where we live. It was a long night the last set of storms went thru at 1:45am a ton of hail.
__________________
being on the eastern edge of the central time zone sucks...it gets dark WAY to early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
An occasional jello or vasoline wrestling match isn't out of the question either.
KILLER"B"468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 07:50 PM   #11
KILLER"B"468
Yankabilly
 
KILLER"B"468's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Hendersonville Tn.
Posts: 7,945
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhouse View Post
We were there last week Tues-Sat. Downtown for a conference.
yep you were a stone throw away.
__________________
being on the eastern edge of the central time zone sucks...it gets dark WAY to early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
An occasional jello or vasoline wrestling match isn't out of the question either.
KILLER"B"468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 6th, 2008, 08:15 PM   #12
bj house
Senior Member
 
bj house's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-02-06
Location: Auburn Hills, MI
Posts: 5,289
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

So what is it going to be like tomorrow and Friday? We will be passing through on our way to Florida. Trying to decide if we are leaving tomorrow night or Friday morning based on the weather south of here.
bj house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 11:56 AM   #13
Chinski
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 06-16-06
Location: SW Ohio
Posts: 391
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER"B"468 View Post
yes that mess... the natural gas pumping station that blew up is 12 miles from my house. 5 tornadoes touched done in sumner co. where we live. It was a long night the last set of storms went thru at 1:45am a ton of hail.
I was wondering how you made out through those storms.

I'm in nashville right now, have been here since Monday. I actually did a job for that gas company in this area back in October (i think?), but I was never at that compressor station.
Chinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 01:31 PM   #14
Roadhouse
DrivewayJeeper
 
Roadhouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sanford
Posts: 10,956
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KILLER"B"468 View Post
yep you were a stone throw away.
I was going to contact you but didn't know if we would have time to hook up. I had some classes I had to take, a trade show to attend, dinner two nights with some of our vendors. Maybe next time...if the National Pavement Expo is in Nashville we go to it. But once in a while its in Atlanta and South Carolina.
Roadhouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 08:42 PM   #15
KILLER"B"468
Yankabilly
 
KILLER"B"468's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Hendersonville Tn.
Posts: 7,945
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinski View Post
I was wondering how you made out through those storms.

I'm in nashville right now, have been here since Monday. I actually did a job for that gas company in this area back in October (i think?), but I was never at that compressor station.
PM me if you are free tomorrow night

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadhouse View Post
I was going to contact you but didn't know if we would have time to hook up. I had some classes I had to take, a trade show to attend, dinner two nights with some of our vendors. Maybe next time...if the National Pavement Expo is in Nashville we go to it. But once in a while its in Atlanta and South Carolina.
__________________
being on the eastern edge of the central time zone sucks...it gets dark WAY to early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
An occasional jello or vasoline wrestling match isn't out of the question either.
KILLER"B"468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 08:42 PM   #16
KILLER"B"468
Yankabilly
 
KILLER"B"468's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Hendersonville Tn.
Posts: 7,945
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj house View Post
So what is it going to be like tomorrow and Friday? We will be passing through on our way to Florida. Trying to decide if we are leaving tomorrow night or Friday morning based on the weather south of here.

sunny and mid 50's.
__________________
being on the eastern edge of the central time zone sucks...it gets dark WAY to early.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
An occasional jello or vasoline wrestling match isn't out of the question either.
KILLER"B"468 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:20 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.27530 seconds with 69 queries