hes out - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 7th, 2008, 06:26 PM   #21
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonfiremedic View Post
Give him a day or so, he'll probably change his mind and come back.
I thought only like John Kerry flip-flopped? Am I wrong in this?
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old February 7th, 2008, 06:39 PM   #22
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
I thought only like John Kerry flip-flopped? Am I wrong in this?
Do you even look at what you put on here. Your talking about polititions not sticking to what they say. DA!














Make sure you support your party The Phantom I'm sure that will help
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 06:46 PM   #23
chris1044
Senior Member
 
chris1044's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lost in the mitten!
Posts: 2,028
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

seriously, how the @##! can anyone take this guy seriously as the leader of our country:






honestly though, I wish there was some way in hell ron paul would just run independent and win, but I doubt it's going to happen....

If hillary gets in I'm heading for the border

Last edited by chris1044; February 7th, 2008 at 06:51 PM.
chris1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 06:59 PM   #24
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1044 View Post
seriously, how the @##! can anyone take this guy seriously as the leader of our country:






honestly though, I wish there was some way in hell ron paul would just run independent and win, but I doubt it's going to happen....

If hillary gets in I'm heading for the border


Take a look at how many people on this site have said they want Ron Pual but will vote for some one else because they don't think he can win.
Thats a load of crap thats why we have the shit bags in office that we do. I hope Ron Paul runs because I will vote for him.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 07:35 PM   #25
chris1044
Senior Member
 
chris1044's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lost in the mitten!
Posts: 2,028
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Take a look at how many people on this site have said they want Ron Pual but will vote for some one else because they don't think he can win.
Thats a load of crap thats why we have the shit bags in office that we do. I hope Ron Paul runs because I will vote for him.
I agree with you....I voted for him once and plan to [hopefully] vote for him again

I'm optimistic, but I don't think he'll be the front runner.....hopefully he goes independent and wins
chris1044 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 07:51 PM   #26
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Do you even look at what you put on here. Your talking about polititions not sticking to what they say. DA!
Make sure you support your party The Phantom I'm sure that will help

In case you forgot, the entire GWB campaign against Kerry was Swift Boat and Flip-Flop.

Wait a sec, 3 years ago you were in 8th grade. I shouldnt expect you to remember that. You were probably at recess when all of this was happening.
My bad.
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 10:02 PM   #27
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,509
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
Boo-hoo. Have any of you stated why you dont like McCain? You took the time to read this thread but did you respond in this one:

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=76226

Your crying is beginning to remind me of the
I don't like him because he's a stubborn old man . . . reminds me of my grandma and I wouldn't want her running the country
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 7th, 2008, 11:12 PM   #28
Scofflaw
We are all Socialists Now
 
Scofflaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-11-06
Location: Greenville
Posts: 179
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1044 View Post
I agree with you....I voted for him once and plan to [hopefully] vote for him again

I'm optimistic, but I don't think he'll be the front runner.....hopefully he goes independent and wins
There will be a spot for a write in in Nov.. At least you will know you voted for the right person. People need to do more than stuff your ballot into some preprogramed computer and then watch cnn to see which member of the largest criminal organization in the world will sit on the throne, To destroy our borders, vaporize or civil rights, and piss all over the Constitution.

There have been groups started all over the country, that started with the Ron Paul message working for change. The first revolution of this country didn't start by it's self. Some places to look are restoretherepublic.com and meetup.com.
Scofflaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 09:55 AM   #29
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,001
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Whooohoooo. My wife and I thought he looked to much like an evil Buisness Tycoon anyways! Of course......He is a Politician. And......GO HUCKABEE!!!

<Zippppp>
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 09:59 AM   #30
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,881
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Whooohoooo. My wife and I thought he looked to much like an evil Buisness Tycoon anyways! Of course......He is a Politician. And......GO HUCKABEE!!!

<Zippppp>
yay, why don't we just throw away the constitution and just use the bible?

"I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution," Huckabee told a Michigan audience on Monday. "But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living god. And that's what we need to do -- to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view."
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 10:04 AM   #31
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,881
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

p.S.

Romney is only bowing out to save us from the terrorists...

http://www.crooksandliars.com/2008/0...ing-to-terror/
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 02:02 PM   #32
zjkid
Senior Member
 
zjkid's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-18-07
Location: EL
Posts: 3,931
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris1044 View Post
I agree with you....I voted for him once and plan to [hopefully] vote for him again

I'm optimistic, but I don't think he'll be the front runner.....hopefully he goes independent and wins
If Ron Paul goes independent the will have a very good chance at winning the election, Paul will steal some of the normal republican vote.
zjkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 02:11 PM   #33
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,001
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
yay, why don't we just throw away the constitution and just use the bible?

"I have opponents in this race who do not want to change the Constitution," Huckabee told a Michigan audience on Monday. "But I believe it's a lot easier to change the Constitution than it would be to change the word of the living god. And that's what we need to do -- to amend the Constitution so it's in God's standards rather than try to change God's standards so it lines up with some contemporary view."

Sounds good to me. I have no problem with the bible.

In all Honesty, can he really change the consitution all by himself. I could of swarn those kind of things were voted on....or something like that. I don't think he'd shove religion down the nations throat, he's knows that's not what this country is about. I like him because of what he stands for. And yes, he is a pastor, but that's why we vote. If you don't want him in Office don't vote for him. I will vote for him because I agree with him and I'm not particularly impressed with Mcain, Hillary, or Obama. (Does any body find it odd that we refer to Hillary as Hillary and Not Clinton, and we call all the rest of them by thier last names? )
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 03:13 PM   #34
brimy311
Smells like a Fork Liftis
 
brimy311's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Kzoo, mi
Posts: 4,092
iTrader: (42)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to brimy311
Default

Ron Paul said he will not go Independent. That does not mean he won't, but only 7% of primary voting america are interested in him :tonka: and that certainly is not enough to win an election.

I did not like Romney. His whining was getting really old. I was very surprised to here he is stepping down. But you have to win more states then the ones you lived in, in order to win the primaries. He probably just did not want to get pasted by Huckabee.
__________________
JcrOffroad.com
Like us on Faceook!
brimy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 04:34 PM   #35
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,881
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Sounds good to me. I have no problem with the bible.

In all Honesty, can he really change the consitution all by himself. I could of swarn those kind of things were voted on....or something like that. I don't think he'd shove religion down the nations throat, he's knows that's not what this country is about. I like him because of what he stands for. And yes, he is a pastor, but that's why we vote. If you don't want him in Office don't vote for him. I will vote for him because I agree with him and I'm not particularly impressed with Mcain, Hillary, or Obama. (Does any body find it odd that we refer to Hillary as Hillary and Not Clinton, and we call all the rest of them by thier last names? )
you heard it hear, this guy wants to throw out the constitution and go with the bible. (cough) nut job (cough)

You can only vote for him if he wins the nomination, which i'm pretty sure isn't going to happen (thank goodness).
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 8th, 2008, 05:40 PM   #36
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
In case you forgot, the entire GWB campaign against Kerry was Swift Boat and Flip-Flop.

Wait a sec, 3 years ago you were in 8th grade. I shouldnt expect you to remember that. You were probably at recess when all of this was happening.
My bad.

Even in eighth grade I had enough sense not to put stock into what polititions had to say. You originally asked the question if you were wrong , the answer to that is yes.
Nothing scientific about that.













The Phantom Class of 76
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 08:20 AM   #37
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,130
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
(Does any body find it odd that we refer to Hillary as Hillary and Not Clinton, and we call all the rest of them by thier last names? )

I doubt this is by accident. Hillary's signage says Hillary not Clinton, and the MSM is all to happy to follow this lead if it gets her elected.

I'd guess that it's part of a plan to distance herself from the Bill Clinton legacy. If she used Clinton on her signage some people would think that Bill was running again. Yes, some people are that stupid.

Then again maybe she got her advice from Oprah or Madonna. :tonka:

http://images.google.com/images?gbv=...q=hillary+sign

The KFC sign is my favorite!
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 12:14 PM   #38
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,001
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
you heard it hear, this guy wants to throw out the constitution and go with the bible. (cough) nut job (cough)

You can only vote for him if he wins the nomination, which i'm pretty sure isn't going to happen (thank goodness).
Anything is Possible. Especially in this race.


Quote:
I doubt this is by accident. Hillary's signage says Hillary not Clinton, and the MSM is all to happy to follow this lead if it gets her elected.

I'd guess that it's part of a plan to distance herself from the Bill Clinton legacy. If she used Clinton on her signage some people would think that Bill was running again. Yes, some people are that stupid.

Then again maybe she got her advice from Oprah or Madonna.

http://images.google.com/images?gbv=...q=hillary+sign

The KFC sign is my favorite!
The KFC was funny.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 12:18 PM   #39
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,509
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
you heard it hear, this guy wants to throw out the constitution and go with the bible. (cough) nut job (cough)

You can only vote for him if he wins the nomination, which i'm pretty sure isn't going to happen (thank goodness).
Well, Billions in the Christan faith live by it and it seems to be doing a pretty good job.

Should it replace the constitution, NO but it's a great guide to live by.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old February 9th, 2008, 01:56 PM   #40
schweeb
spelling nazi
 
schweeb's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-02-07
Location: Grosse Pointe Woods, MI
Posts: 2,566
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Take a look at how many people on this site have said they want Ron Pual but will vote for some one else because they don't think he can win.
Thats a load of crap thats why we have the shit bags in office that we do. I hope Ron Paul runs because I will vote for him.
It would have been nice if more people would have taken him seriously rather than dismissing him off hand. I do not believe he will run as an independent, firstly because he says he hasn't, and part of his campaign is that he has a very clear record of following through on his word. If he wants to have a chance in the next election, he doesn't really want to piss off his voting base, many of whom will be voting for whomever the republican candidate is, and won't appreciate the votes being stolen.

I think he did many good things for this election that will stay with us for a while. He managed to get his word out via the Internet and get a decent base of supporters even without the extensive media coverage most of the other candidates received. He opened the door for more conservatives to speak out about their libertarian views. Even if he never gets elected, he can influence us to express our beliefs and keep the other candidates honest.
schweeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:39 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.52905 seconds with 81 queries