Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old January 17th, 2008, 09:46 AM   #21
KartRacer
Blowd up
 
KartRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-05
Location: Riverside, MI 49084
Posts: 6,335
iTrader: (4)
Send a message via AIM to KartRacer
I hope someone gets killed due to his patented cage, and he gets the crap sued out of him.
KartRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 09:49 AM   #22
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter
 
JohnnyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Hartland, MI
Posts: 5,924
iTrader: (37)
there's acutally a better scenario that I'm thinking, and no suing would be involved but all loose ends would be tied up.
__________________
Neither Skinny Nor Pretty DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
Barn sale! Check out what's left!
Surviving Project Car Hell - We have all been there
JohnnyJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 09:49 AM   #23
MrBi11
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 01-05-06
Location: Holly
Posts: 451
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
I hope someone gets killed due to his patented cage, and he gets the crap sued out of him.
Why would you want to see some one killed?
Just because you think Anthony is a pompous ass?
MrBi11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 09:51 AM   #24
bearlys2005
Senior Member
 
bearlys2005's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-13-06
Location: Macomb, Michigan
Posts: 939
iTrader: (3)
Isn't this the same truck that broke his rear dif and front axle all at the same time on hill 2.5 while we were up at the OSTC??? Maybe he should spend his money on other more useful things...
bearlys2005 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #25
ScOoTeR
GLFWDA Member #07520
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,222
iTrader: (35)
He's putting rockwells in it.
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 09:55 AM   #26
Mr. Beefy
Randy did it.
 
Mr. Beefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-11-07
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posts: 10,037
iTrader: (19)
Is he not on GL anymore? I'm guessing something happened
Mr. Beefy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:07 AM   #27
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 19,940
iTrader: (21)
My guess is the patent would not go thru. Especially if someone challenged it. In order for ANY patent to be approved, the patent must be applied for prior to ANYONE in the public to see it. So, if he has been driving around with the cage before he applied, the patent would be null and void. Also, with all the exo cages around with hinges for door & stuff, he would have to have something really unique. People have been doing exocages for years, therefore there is prior art.

Not worth the money.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:21 AM   #28
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,936
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
My guess is the patent would not go thru. Especially if someone challenged it. In order for ANY patent to be approved, the patent must be applied for prior to ANYONE in the public to see it. So, if he has been driving around with the cage before he applied, the patent would be null and void. Also, with all the exo cages around with hinges for door & stuff, he would have to have something really unique. People have been doing exocages for years, therefore there is prior art.

Not worth the money.
While I agree, that his patent is not likely to be granted per se' (there are several things that he could in theory be attempting to patent, and not knowing what specifically he has applied for is a limiting factor here) the rest of the statement is not entirely, technically true. In part:
Quote:
...This decision has been codified as 35. U.S.C. §102, which bars an inventor from obtaining a patent if the invention has been in public use for more than one year prior to filing.
quite often the US Patent office has granted patent rights to the first filer of a design. If I recall my history lessons from way back accurately (too lazy to google this) Alexander Graham Bell beat the next runner up to the patent office by a mere 90 minutes or so...
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:24 AM   #29
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,941
iTrader: (8)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Is this BigRuff whatever his name was that nearly killed that family he ran over when his ghetto fab hydro steering failed? He was a complete ass. Sounds like things haven't changed.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:29 AM   #30
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 41,961
iTrader: (39)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
Is this BigRuff whatever his name was that nearly killed that family he ran over when his ghetto fab hydro steering failed? He was a complete ass. Sounds like things haven't changed.
huh?

When did that happen?
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:31 AM   #31
Chris99XJ
If It Aint ruf It Aint Me
 
Chris99XJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Charlotte
Posts: 278
iTrader: (1)
I never heard of this other ride he had that almost killed a family
When did this happen? years ago ? Ive only know of the HEMI ZJ for like 7 months or so.
Chris99XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:32 AM   #32
dfreeman616@gmail
Senior Member
 
dfreeman616@gmail's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-25-06
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 1,642
iTrader: (14)
Send a message via AIM to dfreeman616@gmail
that is big ruff, although i don't know anything about hydro boost failing and running over another car.
dfreeman616@gmail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:41 AM   #33
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,698
iTrader: (29)
If its the same guy (I'm fairly certain it is) he was having Koz do a bunch of work, actually the whole build, he wanted to take it somewhere like the mounds or something. Koz told him "no" that it wasnt even close to being finished and that it was unsafe. He insisted and promised to trailer it to and from the location and took it from Koz's shop. Later he was driving it down the highway at legal highway speeds and he crashed it. I dont know what failed (if anything because I think it was snowing also) or who was hurt, if anyone. Then he posted some anti Koz stuff and got slammed in the thread because he should have never taken an unfinished product on the road. But thats all I heard and know nothing of any lawsuits or damages ect.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:46 AM   #34
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,941
iTrader: (8)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Thought he crossed the center line and rammed a mini-van or something.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:50 AM   #35
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 19,940
iTrader: (21)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
While I agree, that his patent is not likely to be granted per se' (there are several things that he could in theory be attempting to patent, and not knowing what specifically he has applied for is a limiting factor here) the rest of the statement is not entirely, technically true. In part:

quite often the US Patent office has granted patent rights to the first filer of a design. If I recall my history lessons from way back accurately (too lazy to google this) Alexander Graham Bell beat the next runner up to the patent office by a mere 90 minutes or so...
I have heard this before. We were recently introducing a new product at a show and our patent attorneys were adamant that we have the application filed before anyone outside the company saw it. They told me that we could not apply for a patent after it was introduced.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:51 AM   #36
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,936
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab View Post
If its the same guy (I'm fairly certain it is) he was having Koz do a bunch of work, actually the whole build, he wanted to take it somewhere like the mounds or something. Koz told him "no" that it wasnt even close to being finished and that it was unsafe. He insisted and promised to trailer it to and from the location and took it from Koz's shop. Later he was driving it down the highway at legal highway speeds and he crashed it. I dont know what failed (if anything because I think it was snowing also) or who was hurt, if anyone. Then he posted some anti Koz stuff and got slammed in the thread because he should have never taken an unfinished product on the road. But thats all I heard and know nothing of any lawsuits or damages ect.
x2. it was snowing as I recall as well, and from the pictures that were posted. he then posted pictures of the tear down, and subsequent building of this jeep.

same guy - "Anthony". he used to (may still) own a company that did a lot of contract work for charter cable (installations and such), as well as a couple of other ventures.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:52 AM   #37
95geo
newbie
 
95geo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: dryden
Posts: 5,774
iTrader: (6)
that guy has some serious attention whore problems, it could be clinical.
95geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 10:53 AM   #38
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,936
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
I have heard this before. We were recently introducing a new product at a show and our patent attorneys were adamant that we have the application filed before anyone outside the company saw it. They told me that we could not apply for a patent after it was introduced.
*nod* it may be simply a policy partially implemented by your corporate legal staff in order to mitigate potential countersuits, challenges, and the like that would make pursuing the patent more costly than it's worth.

*shrug*
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 11:02 AM   #39
Mr. Beefy
Randy did it.
 
Mr. Beefy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-11-07
Location: Sault Ste. Marie
Posts: 10,037
iTrader: (19)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2303256/3

????
Mr. Beefy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old January 17th, 2008, 11:09 AM   #40
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,936
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by simon I gots my own house View Post
+3 street cred for finding the story. pretty much what Tab & I recalled. (from Anthony's perspective)
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:14 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.22421 seconds with 52 queries