Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 11th, 2007, 11:12 AM   #1
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,941
iTrader: (8)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Happy Holidays!

Ok. I am really sick of hearing the religious folks rant about people saying "Happy.Holidays" and screaming about how this is the atheist revolution infringing on their right to say Merry Christmas. Bullshit. "Happy.Holidays" was popular as far back into the 1970's as I can remember. "Happy.Holidays" was the way you basically said Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all bundled into a shorter phrase. It wasn't some conspiracy to deny you the right to say Merry Christmas. You people listen to too many talk shows. I say both Merry Christmas and "Happy.Holidays". They are interchangeable. "Happy.Holidays" isn't some PC new idea that just showed up. Shut up already.

And by the way, Christmas is the celebration of a pagan rite. A religious Christmas celebrating the birth of Jesus would be on his birthday, which has been proven to not even happen during the month of December.

Last edited by 84Scrambler; December 12th, 2007 at 09:43 AM.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 11:34 AM   #2
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
we all know that christmas or any holiday for that matter is celebrated for the greed of gifts and who gets the most. :)
ovrlnd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 11:46 AM   #3
K&J's Dad
Senior Member
 
K&J's Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-11-07
Location: Roseville, Michigan
Posts: 227
iTrader: (1)
.... to this I reply:

December is also Bingo month and write a friend month.
Today (12/11) is a day that many historians belive is the day when the Pilgims landed on Plymouth Rock (could also be the 21st.)
Tomorrow, 12/12/07, is Bonza Botler Day. This is a day to celebrate just because the month and day are the same.
Don't forget that Friday is the day that Nascar was founded.:tonka:


Have a Merry Christmas, Merry Xmas, Happy Hanukkah, Happy/Merry Kwanzaa, Happy Boxing Day, Happy New Year, Season's Greeting, Happy Holidays........
K&J's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 12:12 PM   #4
ScOoTeR
GLFWDA Member #07520
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,222
iTrader: (35)
I have always said "Happy Holidays" just because it wrapped Christmas and New Year's together - not because I was ever worried about offending anyone.

I don't think I've ever been too concerned about offending anyone.
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 12:15 PM   #5
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,871
iTrader: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
I have always said "Happy Holidays" just because it wrapped Christmas and New Year's together - not because I was ever worried about offending anyone.

I don't think I've ever been too concerned about offending anyone.
x2

I'll say "Happy Holidays" if I know I won't see the person until after New Year's. Other than that I'll use "Merry Christmas" or "Happy New Year's."
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 12:26 PM   #6
Lady Liberty
Newbie
 
Lady Liberty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-10-07
Location: Pinckney
Posts: 3
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to Lady Liberty
I agree with you 84Scrambler. I say Happy Holidays interchangeably with Merry Christmas. I also say it as a shortened version of Merry Christmas and Happy New Years like you do. So with that i would like to tell everyone Happy Holidays! :)
Lady Liberty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 12:37 PM   #7
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,502
iTrader: (7)
Just Merry Christmas here and then Happy New Years after Christmas. No happy holidays. I guess I'm just not lazy and need to combine the two.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 01:21 PM   #8
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,941
iTrader: (8)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Yes Drew, we know how amazingly incredible and morally righteous you are. Don't you have a public school teacher to stalk somewhere?
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 02:09 PM   #9
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,502
iTrader: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
Yes Drew, we know how amazingly incredible and morally righteous you are. Don't you have a public school teacher to stalk somewhere?
I will pray for you since I'm morally rightous and just because I'm incredible I have a big fat Merry Christmas for you as well.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 03:59 PM   #10
JDRL
Big Member
 
Join Date: 05-22-07
Location: mi
Posts: 629
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
Ok. I am really sick of hearing the religious folks rant about people saying Happy Holidays and screaming about how this is the atheist revolution infringing on their right to say Merry Christmas. Bullshit. Happy Holidays was popular as far back into the 1970's as I can remember. Happy Holidays was the way you basically said Merry Christmas and Happy New Year all bundled into a shorter phrase. It wasn't some conspiracy to deny you the right to say Merry Christmas. You people listen to too many talk shows. I say both Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. They are interchangeable. Happy Holidays isn't some PC new idea that just showed up. Shut up already.

And by the way, Christmas is the celebration of a pagan rite. A religious Christmas celebrating the birth of Jesus would be on his birthday, which has been proven to not even happen during the month of December.

bs. people use happy holidays so as to not upset others, you see more and more stores that will not use the word christmas at all because some scared jackass will bitch about it. I dont care which you say, but christmas is about Jesus and god. live with it,. (so you must belive in Jesus going by the proof you spoke of)
god bless
jdrl
JDRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 04:14 PM   #11
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,667
iTrader: (9)
Anyone buy their holiday tree yet?
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 04:56 PM   #12
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,941
iTrader: (8)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDRL View Post
bs. people use happy holidays so as to not upset others, you see more and more stores that will not use the word christmas at all because some scared jackass will bitch about it. I dont care which you say, but christmas is about Jesus and god. live with it,. (so you must belive in Jesus going by the proof you spoke of)
god bless
jdrl
I don't dispute that there was some kid named Jesus born in the middle east that people followed stupidly around the desert for 25-30 years before someone got sick of him. I don't however believe he was anything other than a very capable story teller, much less some holy being and all that fantasy jazz.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 05:08 PM   #13
JDRL
Big Member
 
Join Date: 05-22-07
Location: mi
Posts: 629
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
Anyone buy their holiday tree yet?
not me I picked up my holiday pentagram its like 50 feet
tall with red lights it should look great out front.
JDRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 05:15 PM   #14
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,667
iTrader: (9)
my holiday tree rotates.

I am getting a kitty for december 25th holiday day. It will sleep in my bed.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 05:26 PM   #15
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,502
iTrader: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
I don't dispute that there was some kid named Jesus born in the middle east that people followed stupidly around the desert for 25-30 years before someone got sick of him. I don't however believe he was anything other than a very capable story teller, much less some holy being and all that fantasy jazz.
This explains a lot about you and this thread. You are just another one joining the war on CHRISTmas.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 05:29 PM   #16
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,667
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
I don't dispute that there was some kid named Jesus born in the middle east that people followed stupidly around the desert for 25-30 years before someone got sick of him. I don't however believe he was anything other than a very capable story teller, much less some holy being and all that fantasy jazz.
Actually, people followed him for three years, not 30. Maybe someone would take you seriously if you ever learned about it before acting like you have any reason at all to reject it. Further, you would know that you missed the point if all you noticed is that he told stories.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 06:42 PM   #17
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,941
iTrader: (8)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
This explains a lot about you and this thread. You are just another one joining the war on CHRISTmas.
Screw you Drew. I am not waging any war on anyone. I'm stating my opinion. I have no problem with people and their religions. I have a problem when holier than thou assholes like you cop an attitude when I say Happy Holidays. It's pretty simple, but it doesn't surprise me that you don't get it.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 06:44 PM   #18
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,941
iTrader: (8)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
Actually, people followed him for three years, not 30. Maybe someone would take you seriously if you ever learned about it before acting like you have any reason at all to reject it. Further, you would know that you missed the point if all you noticed is that he told stories.
I didn't really give enough of a crap to look up exactly how many years people wandered around the desert like the Grateful Dead... I don't believe in Christianity. I don't really want to spend my little free time studying up on fantasy worlds. The real world takes enough time to comprehend.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 06:57 PM   #19
K&J's Dad
Senior Member
 
K&J's Dad's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-11-07
Location: Roseville, Michigan
Posts: 227
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
Further, you would know that you missed the point if all you noticed is that he told stories.
You're right. He built some wicked cabinets as well! Being a Jewish carpenter and all.

Maybe one day his ancestors will reveal themselves and tell us more stories and build nicer cabinets. I need a wetbar built in my basement. I bet they would do a fine job of kicking it out in time for Xmas.
K&J's Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 11th, 2007, 07:19 PM   #20
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,502
iTrader: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
Screw you Drew.
You like to screw people that wear the pants in the family . . don't you?

And Moses, Moses had people follow him around in the desert. Atleast do a little research before you bash my Lord so you don't come off as a complete idiot. He did give you a brain so you might atleast try to use it.

and . . . o yeah, Merry Christmas
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:13 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.24699 seconds with 52 queries