Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old November 8th, 2007, 03:01 PM   #1
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,873
iTrader: (22)
A Time To Kill

I know the movie is over 10 years old but I watched it last night.

It made me ask myself some questions about things, and I was curious as to everyone else's thoughts.

If I was on the jury I would've voted not guilty, and if it were my own daughter I would have done the same thing.

I believe in vigilantism, but only to a certain extent. Getting robbed doesn't mean the victim should kill the robber. I'm more of an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth believer when it comes to this.

So, what are your thoughts and opinions?

What would you have voted if you were on the jury?

If you were a lawyer would you have defended Carl Lee?

If it was your own daughter what would you have done?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 03:15 PM   #2
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,417
iTrader: (3)
Are you saying the father should have raped them instead of shooting them

Child molesters should be killed.. period.. They cant be rehabilitated and they arent worth my tax money to sit and rot in prison.
kerryann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 03:17 PM   #3
blacy001
Senior Member
 
blacy001's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-14-06
Location: howell MI
Posts: 258
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
Are you saying the father should have raped them instead of shooting them

Child molesters should be killed.. period.. They cant be rehabilitated and they arent worth my tax money to sit and rot in prison.
x2 cant say it any better
blacy001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #4
Mjolman
1984 Jeep CJ-7
 
Mjolman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: Muskegon, MI
Posts: 574
iTrader: (0)
Well he killed them so he is guilty and if proven in court i would have said guilty.

But i would have done the same thing, and i fully would have expected to be found guilty. I'd prolly turn myself in and plead guilty.
Mjolman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 03:28 PM   #5
Chris Rogers
Senior Member
 
Chris Rogers's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-05-07
Location: Commerce Twp
Posts: 1,105
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
I know the movie is over 10 years old but I watched it last night.

It made me ask myself some questions about things, and I was curious as to everyone else's thoughts.

If I was on the jury I would've voted not guilty, and if it were my own daughter I would have done the same thing.

I believe in vigilantism, but only to a certain extent. Getting robbed doesn't mean the victim should kill the robber. I'm more of an eye for an eye, tooth for a tooth believer when it comes to this.

So, what are your thoughts and opinions?

What would you have voted if you were on the jury?

If you were a lawyer would you have defended Carl Lee?

If it was your own daughter what would you have done?
I agree, that is all it would have taken for me to vote not guilty, is if they would have said to me, "if it was my own daughter would I have done the same". I know they said picture the girl being white but same diff.

The only thing is I would pray that I have the power to stop myself because my son would then loose his father, and you're hoping that 12 people that couldn't figure out how to get out of jury duty will see you as not guilty.
Chris Rogers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 8th, 2007, 05:01 PM   #6
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,873
iTrader: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Rogers View Post
The only thing is I would pray that I have the power to stop myself because my son would then loose his father, and you're hoping that 12 people that couldn't figure out how to get out of jury duty will see you as not guilty.


Ain't that the truth.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:49 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.10600 seconds with 24 queries