Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 19th, 2007, 04:41 PM   #1
ckupq
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
 
ckupq's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Posts: 3,329
iTrader: (6)
I think I hit the jeep Lotto?!?!?!?

I'm in the process of going from 2-3 inches with rusty's coils and upgraded bastard rears. I take off the spring plate on the drivers side and F*&^... broken main spring, good thing I got a spare pair kicking around from the deal on the coils. Now just to deal with the bolts and we all know that horror story.


No oil, no penetrant lube and no cutting out the bolt, I backed out the front and rear leaf spring bolts on the drivers side . I'm going to go get a lotto ticket, I can't beat my luck.
ckupq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2007, 07:41 PM   #2
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Dearborn Heights, Mi
Posts: 14,390
iTrader: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckupq View Post


No oil, no penetrant lube and no cutting out the bolt, I backed out the front and rear leaf spring bolts on the drivers side . I'm going to go get a lotto ticket, I can't beat my luck.
It does happen once and a while go find a Small block chevy in a truck with over 200k on the clock then back out all the exh bolts with no breakage and then we'll talk :tonka:
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2007, 07:44 PM   #3
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddinguy View Post
It does happen once and a while go find a Small block chevy in a truck with over 200k on the clock then back out all the exh bolts with no breakage and then we'll talk :tonka:
there is no such occurrences. its impossible. i just break them as quick as possible so i can get started on extracting them as soon as possible.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2007, 08:22 PM   #4
Smiley23
Senior Member
 
Smiley23's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-07
Location: MI
Posts: 2,153
iTrader: (3)
I got a few you can try:tonka:
Smiley23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2007, 08:28 PM   #5
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Dearborn Heights, Mi
Posts: 14,390
iTrader: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
there is no such occurrences. its impossible. i just break them as quick as possible so i can get started on extracting them as soon as possible.
my co worker did a set on his dads truck last night all of them came out with almost no effort !! 91 350 C1500 with 250k
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2007, 08:32 PM   #6
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muddinguy View Post
my co worker did a set on his dads truck last night all of them came out with almost no effort !! 91 350 C1500 with 250k
they were not the original ones.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2007, 08:34 PM   #7
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Dearborn Heights, Mi
Posts: 14,390
iTrader: (15)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
they were not the original ones.
sure were..
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:48 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.09320 seconds with 26 queries