100 post minmum for the marketplace - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Site comments, issues, or suggestions and announcements
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old April 19th, 2007, 11:51 AM   #21
TopHeavy
Yikes!
 
TopHeavy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: New Hudson, MI
Posts: 1,415
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
I think people come for the butsecks, stay for the marketplace

I know that I do.
__________________
Buy My CJ7
TopHeavy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old April 19th, 2007, 12:23 PM   #22
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,441
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 96 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPounder View Post
Are you saying I not screwing enough people in the Marketplace? I think there's plenty of buttsecks in there.

The beatings shall continue until morale improves. :tonka:

I'm guessing you could never be a business owner, or a manager.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2007, 12:53 PM   #23
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Sorry, I thought this was a wheeling community and now just some place to peddle junk.


Thanks for clearing that up for me.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 19th, 2007, 02:07 PM   #24
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
I'm guessing you could never be a business owner, or a manager.

Yes, I can't calculate mark-ups like other business owners that are also here on GL, remember? :tonka:

Guess that's why I design the shit instead.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 08:00 AM   #25
Fatty Matty
Senior Member
 
Fatty Matty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-05-06
Location: Tecumseh
Posts: 5,356
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I joined a Nissan board recently. I can't start a new thread until I have 15 posts in existing threads.

I won't be posting there, ever, because I have nothing to contribute as I don't know shit about Nissans. I'm not going to hijack threads just to build up my count.

That's what'll happen.
__________________
'12 JKU
'14 1500
www.midwest-abs.com
Fatty Matty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:07 AM   #26
Sandals
Fucking Zen as Shit
 
Sandals's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
Posts: 15,316
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

It seems chiefy wants to kill this board MJ style
Sandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 09:56 AM   #27
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Matty View Post
I joined a Nissan board recently. I can't start a new thread until I have 15 posts in existing threads.

I won't be posting there, ever, because I have nothing to contribute as I don't know shit about Nissans. I'm not going to hijack threads just to build up my count.

That's what'll happen.
Why did you not only join a nissan board but actually go out of your way and find one if you don't have anything to contribute or post about?
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 10:00 AM   #28
JohnnyJ
Low Range Drifter
 
JohnnyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Hartland, MI
Posts: 6,185
iTrader: (38)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

He likes the Politics section. They are a bunch of free thinkers.
__________________
Neither Skinny Nor Pretty DEAK Racing 4517 Ultra 4 Mod Class Rig
Surviving Project Car Hell - We have all been there
JohnnyJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 10:08 AM   #29
Fatty Matty
Senior Member
 
Fatty Matty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-05-06
Location: Tecumseh
Posts: 5,356
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Why did you not only join a nissan board but actually go out of your way and find one if you don't have anything to contribute or post about?
Because they have about 9 or 10 free thinkers there, as opposed to the smaller number here.

Actually, I signed up only to use the search feature. Then when I tried to post something that wasn't already covered, I got denied. I'm not going to make 15 bullshit posts just to be able to start a thread. I can understand keeping the trolls away, but that won't work.

The info I was looking for was nowhere to be found anywhere. I ended up talking to a parts guy that found an old parts manual for me at the dealer.

In theory, I could have contributed something, but not allowed to. I'm not going to park my ass in the intro forum just to come up with 15 posts.
__________________
'12 JKU
'14 1500
www.midwest-abs.com
Fatty Matty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 10:19 AM   #30
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatty Matty View Post
Because they have about 9 or 10 free thinkers there, as opposed to the smaller number here.

Actually, I signed up only to use the search feature. Then when I tried to post something that wasn't already covered, I got denied. I'm not going to make 15 bullshit posts just to be able to start a thread. I can understand keeping the trolls away, but that won't work.

The info I was looking for was nowhere to be found anywhere. I ended up talking to a parts guy that found an old parts manual for me at the dealer.

In theory, I could have contributed something, but not allowed to. I'm not going to park my ass in the intro forum just to come up with 15 posts.
My point exactly. Their 15 post rule did it's job. It prevented some one from getting involved that really didn't want to be involved, in your case they missed out because you say that you could have "contributed" something but for the one they loose that is useful it probably keeps out a lot are are not usefull.

To illustrate my point, try to find out how many post Big Al has made in any other forum besides the marketplace. I don't think he's here to find a good group of people to wheel with but is here because it's cheaper then ebay.

Well, since it's looking like I'll be banned in a couple hours have fun with this thread and enjoy the weekend!!!

Last edited by Chiefwoohaw; April 20th, 2007 at 10:22 AM.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 20th, 2007, 11:03 AM   #31
Fatty Matty
Senior Member
 
Fatty Matty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-05-06
Location: Tecumseh
Posts: 5,356
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Keeping trolls away is one thing. How much information IS NOT there because they want 15 posts first. So you end up with thousands of bullshit posts, and plenty of thread-jacking.

As far as Big Al, he's a good guy. I sold my XJ to him. The marketplace brings traffic to the site. Big Al is active in the marketplace, so Big Al does contribute something in his own way. Maybe he has enough friends already?
__________________
'12 JKU
'14 1500
www.midwest-abs.com
Fatty Matty is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Site comments, issues, or suggestions and announcements

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:59 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.13095 seconds with 54 queries