Still want socialized health care? - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
View Poll Results: Socialized heath care?
Yes, I want the Gov't to take care of me. 2 5.00%
No, I am responsible for my own needs. 34 85.00%
I am unaware, clueless or just don't care. 4 10.00%
Voters: 40. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 5th, 2007, 09:15 AM   #1
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,111
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Still want socialized health care?

After seeing this......

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...030401394.html

Do you want the government running health care?
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 5th, 2007, 11:18 AM   #2
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Yeah, I'm sure that some care (even if it's shitty in some cases) is better then none.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 11:47 AM   #3
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,387
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Health care is NOT a right!
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:22 PM   #4
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Health care is NOT a right!
Well not yet in this country.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:27 PM   #5
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,387
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Well not yet in this country.
Why should health care be a right? I was once told people will spend every available dollar they have on health care, UNLESS it is their own. Very true statement. When forced to choose, what do people spend their money? Health care or cigarettes?
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:32 PM   #6
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Why should health care be a right? I was once told people will spend every available dollar they have on health care, UNLESS it is their own. Very true statement. When forced to choose, what do people spend their money? Health care or cigarettes?
Just saying that times are changing. I predict that it'll be in place by 2050.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:33 PM   #7
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,387
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Just saying that times are changing. I predict that it'll be in place by 2050.
Why though?

Give me reasons why it should happen.
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:40 PM   #8
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Why though?

Give me reasons why it should happen.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Yeah, I'm sure that some care (even if it's shitty in some cases) is better then none.
I already gave you my reasons but I quoted them again to make it easier.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 12:49 PM   #9
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,387
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
I already gave you my reasons but I quoted them again to make it easier.
Great argument.
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 01:04 PM   #10
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Great argument.
Thanks, it's the same argument for welfare . . . the system does get abused as in the CC's post about your kids and baby's moma but it also helps out a lot of people.

It's a very simple argment when there shouldn't need to be an argument at all and that is to just help people.

So helping people is the best I can give you since it does truly make a difference.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 01:21 PM   #11
87'YJ
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus
 
87'YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Columbus
Posts: 1,651
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Thanks, it's the same argument for welfare . . . the system does get abused as in the CC's post about your kids and baby's moma but it also helps out a lot of people.

It's a very simple argment when there shouldn't need to be an argument at all and that is to just help people.

So helping people is the best I can give you since it does truly make a difference.
The problem is, by helping a few, you hurt the rest that are willing to work for it.

Meaning, Healthcare isn't that hard to get (a basic coverage), but many people don't want to spend money on it.

The people that do work hard and spend money on it get screwed by the crappy service and long waiting lists of socializd healthcare.
87'YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 01:21 PM   #12
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,387
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Thanks, it's the same argument for welfare . . . the system does get abused as in the CC's post about your kids and baby's moma but it also helps out a lot of people.

It's a very simple argment when there shouldn't need to be an argument at all and that is to just help people.

So helping people is the best I can give you since it does truly make a difference.
But why should I spend my money on others? If they want to waste there own money on other items, why should I pay for their health care? Why do people feel health care is a right? It is not. It is very expensive. Should Doctors work for free? Should drug companies not charge? If health care was important to people it would be the first thing they put their money towards....not the last, and expect it from their employer or the government.
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 01:22 PM   #13
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87'YJ View Post
The problem is, by helping a few, you hurt the rest that are willing to work for it.

Meaning, Healthcare isn't that hard to get (a basic coverage), but many people don't want to spend money on it.

The people that do work hard and spend money on it get screwed by the crappy service and long waiting lists of socializd healthcare.
So are you basing this statement on the healthcare of Canada and England?
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 01:27 PM   #14
87'YJ
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus
 
87'YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Columbus
Posts: 1,651
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
So are you basing this statement on the healthcare of Canada and England?
And the other half of Europe that does it.
87'YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 01:31 PM   #15
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,419
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Health care is NOT a right!
Everything is a right now days. :stan3:
I have great health care because my employer and I pay for it. I am in that position because of the choices I have made in my life. I don't deserve to pay for any one else's bad decisions. Additionally, if a person falls sick or on hard times it should be their own or their family's responsibility to help them, not random strangers.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 01:33 PM   #16
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
Everything is a right now days. :stan3:
I have great health care because my employer and I pay for it. I am in that position because of the choices I have made in my life. I don't deserve to pay for any one else's bad decisions. Additionally, if a person falls sick or on hard times it should be their own or their family's responsibility to help them, not random strangers.
Some may say but I think we are getting away from your way of thinking . . . . 2050 we will be socialized all around but only time will tell.

It will be the same as wellfare which I know PISSES YOU OFF because you don't have the choice to pay for it and it comes from your taxes.

Last edited by Chiefwoohaw; March 5th, 2007 at 01:37 PM.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 02:01 PM   #17
87'YJ
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus
 
87'YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Columbus
Posts: 1,651
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Some may say but I think we are getting away from your way of thinking . . . . 2050 we will be socialized all around but only time will tell.

It will be the same as wellfare which I know PISSES YOU OFF because you don't have the choice to pay for it and it comes from your taxes.
If we privatized social security and healthcare, I would love it. Meaning, my taxes pay for my retirement and health.

Same with all people that work

People that don't work, get zilch
87'YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 02:08 PM   #18
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 87'YJ View Post
If we privatized social security and healthcare, I would love it. Meaning, my taxes pay for my retirement and health.

Same with all people that work

People that don't work, get zilch
So I assume that you think at one point all the people that can't work will just die off? This will never be a reality and in seeing that you might come to the realization that Socialization of atleast health care will come to pass in the future.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 02:16 PM   #19
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,111
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Well not yet in this country.
Hopefully it never will be. Handing over your responsibilities to the government does two things...

1.) Makes you a weaker citizen, less willing/able to take care of yourself and your family.

2.) Gives politicians more power to control the direction of your life, bigger government.

Weaker citizens and stronger government, itís a communists dream.

Chief you really should look into socialism and see just how dangerous this is to an individual's freedom.

I'll vote for freedom first and that means voting against socialized healthcare and any politician who supports the idea.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 5th, 2007, 02:25 PM   #20
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post

Chief you really should look into socialism and see just how dangerous this is to an individual's freedom.
I'm in IL which could be the first state with statewide health care so we'll see how it works in the short run. . . . once again, time will tell.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:18 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 1.03953 seconds with 82 queries