Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

it’s time to move on

11K views 98 replies 32 participants last post by  cmetzg03 
#1 ·
Well after 5 years it’s time to move on,:woot: this Thursday will be my last day working for my employer over the past few years management has dumped more and more shit in my lap.:finger: I finally woke up one day and said this is not how I want to live my life. It is time to fire my employer!!! :whiz: It took some time but I just landed a great job about 4 miles further away from home. It was so gratifying handing that letter of resignation to him last Monday. I am taking a couple weeks to spend with my family, and going to start my new job with a new outlook on life.

Life is to short to get shit on every day, If you are not happy do something about it !!

#22 ·
Cheaper cost of living,lots of available jobs, no Detroit. Yeah you should have stayed, it sounds a lot better in Michigan.
Yeah, you're right, Iowa is awesome. Corn, more corn, nothingness farm land, very very hilly and scenic, lots of cool places to go....like ummmm.....Every time I'm forced to go there all I want to do is smoke meth, fuck my sister, and hang myself with a belt.

Detroit is just one small part of Michigan no one ever has to go to.....you can't avoid the nothingness of corn in iowa.

#7 ·
getting laid off and moving back home from texas was one of the best things that has happened to my family.

I was in the process of making the change for myself, and just was "not ready". getting laid off was a blessing in disguise! who knows when I would have "been ready" and just taken there crap.

congrats, and good luck bud.

#10 ·
Congrats on making the move, change is hard even though it usually ends up working out. I am finishing up a degree and looking to make a move in a year. I am dreading the whole job seeking process.

#16 ·
No wonder. You're out in BFE. Cedar Rapids is more expensive than MI, the only upside the insurance coverage is like 10% of what it would be in MI. Watch out for tornadoes.

#40 ·
I love michigan. You should have gotten farther out of town than "dearborn" or "livonia". That is still to close to detroit.

Heck I am moving to chelsea and that is to close. I grew up between houghton lake and sault ste marie, and manistique. (moved around a bit). didnt have much of this "ghetto sprawl" of which you speak. I have been up there recently and still havent seen much of it. Just wish I could make the money I make down here up there...

#41 ·
Seems often that love / hate of michigan seems to be heavily whether or not 20/30 somethings can find a job.

I love being able to live in the country, work close by in the city, have seasons, have a good industry to work in (automotive), etc. Michigan works for us :)

#56 ·
I always thought that Michigan roads sucked. Then we trailered to Moab and back. The only roads better than Michigan (I-94, US-23, M-59 and local) were in Indiana. I was very surprised. Colorado was HORRIBLE.

I like the lakes in Michigan. I like the change in seasons. I like that none of the seasons are extreme. I like that we have very few tornadoes, no hurricanes, no flash floods, no seriously poisonous bugs or snakes, no dangerous animals (limited), and most of the landscape is nice. I am not a fan of the drive between home and US-10. North of there is nice. It is not my career that keeps me here, nor do we have a desire to relocate after retirement.

#59 ·
agreed.

I moved back to michigan because I was moving back any way. I just got a good job before i moved back because a member of this site told me about an openning at there work from my posting on here that I was moving back and would be looking for work... :beer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.