Got a house! - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 25th, 2014, 01:20 PM   #21
GreaseMonkey
Pew pew!
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,045
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Thanks gentlemen.

Inspection discovered small things here and there, however there is vermiculite insulation in part of the attic. $3,000 to remove. Hopefully the seller and agent will be good with that amount in concessions.
__________________
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 25th, 2014, 01:32 PM   #22
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 26,352
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Thanks gentlemen.

Inspection discovered small things here and there, however there is vermiculite insulation in part of the attic. $3,000 to remove. Hopefully the seller and agent will be good with that amount in concessions.
Damn! I would walk away.....maybe because I have kids.
Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2014, 01:38 PM   #23
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,561
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Psh, my house has asbestos siding under the aluminum.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2014, 01:39 PM   #24
ReiKo
Community Smart Ass.....
 
ReiKo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-13
Location: Detroit
Posts: 760
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
Table side grilling of your steak is intoxicating!
You're buying you say? I'm down...
ReiKo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2014, 01:41 PM   #25
GreaseMonkey
Pew pew!
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,045
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Immortal View Post
Damn! I would walk away.....maybe because I have kids.
It's not a problem unless it's moved, or you lick it. No different than lead based paint. Just don't eat it or snort it.
__________________
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2014, 01:44 PM   #26
Mudking
Senior Member
 
Mudking's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-15-13
Location: Chelsea/MI
Posts: 1,034
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Thanks gentlemen.

Inspection discovered small things here and there, however there is vermiculite insulation in part of the attic. $3,000 to remove. Hopefully the seller and agent will be good with that amount in concessions.
this is why I have not posted anything or told anybody about the house we are trying to get.

all the inspection crap etc. until I have the keys in my hand the deal can fall through for ANY reason at any second. to many people to keep happy through the whole process...

I am much further than you in the process, but still expecting something to bring it to a halt.
Mudking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2014, 01:53 PM   #27
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,759
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 156 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudking View Post
this is why I have not posted anything or told anybody about the house we are trying to get.

It's like announcing you are 3 weeks preggo
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2014, 02:37 PM   #28
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 26,352
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
It's like announcing you are 3 weeks preggo
Congratulations!
Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2014, 03:09 PM   #29
BlooMule
Jet powered
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 26,561
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Wait, Leanz knocked up Kelly?
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 09:38 PM   #30
GreaseMonkey
Pew pew!
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,045
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Seller had the insulation tested. No asbestos. Things are moving along, especially after the appraisal that came in today. Fucker appraised $10k over the sale price! Nothing like moving in and having a very nice gap between my home value and loan!
__________________
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 09:46 PM   #31
jhnyquest
goof ball
 
jhnyquest's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-26-08
Location: West Olive
Posts: 26,426
iTrader: (18)
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Default

Nice
__________________
...
jhnyquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 09:58 PM   #32
Mudking
Senior Member
 
Mudking's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-15-13
Location: Chelsea/MI
Posts: 1,034
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

congrats.

mine has been a PITA ever since the appraisal. I have done everything the bank has asked when they asked, and they have dragged me past 2 closing dates, and now we are on our 3rd closing date and week. (this friday supposedly).

I am pissed and ready to attorney up. Sellers realtor threatened today give them an answer by 3pm today or its going back on the market and they are keeping my earnest money...

I hope I get good news tomorrow.

sorry to vent. Dont mean to take away from your thing... hope you dont have to go through this crap with your bank.
Mudking is online now   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2014, 10:03 PM   #33
GreaseMonkey
Pew pew!
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,045
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudking View Post
congrats.

mine has been a PITA ever since the appraisal. I have done everything the bank has asked when they asked, and they have dragged me past 2 closing dates, and now we are on our 3rd closing date and week. (this friday supposedly).

I am pissed and ready to attorney up. Sellers realtor threatened today give them an answer by 3pm today or its going back on the market and they are keeping my earnest money...

I hope I get good news tomorrow.

sorry to vent. Dont mean to take away from your thing... hope you dont have to go through this crap with your bank.
That's bullshit. Good luck with that.

I'm going through my friend's mortgage company, so it should be smooth sailing.
__________________
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2014, 08:14 AM   #34
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 31,988
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Seller had the insulation tested. No asbestos. Things are moving along, especially after the appraisal that came in today. Fucker appraised $10k over the sale price! Nothing like moving in and having a very nice gap between my home value and loan!
Don't get too excited or fool yourself. Just because the market appears to be moving homes quickly doesn't mean they have mad equity when they are appraising well.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2014, 08:53 AM   #35
Rx7Kevin
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 04-26-12
Location: MI
Posts: 142
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Well its kind of fucked actually so the market is on the upswing so people are listing their homes for more and offers are going in at higher #s but then the problem is that the banks are behind and go on recent history in the area for when the appriase. So you can find yourself for example offering 100,000 for a home and then it appraises at 75k, the seller then has to lower the price to the value of the house that the bank see's is appropriate. As a buyer you would not want to pay more than what its worth. Thats the shakey part of this whole process.

I just went through this and I am moving to watertucky. However it worked out in my situation because the initial offer I gave that the seller accepted was 110k and the apprasial came in at 92k and they accepted that as my new offer :)
Rx7Kevin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2014, 02:06 PM   #36
Just a Spouse
Motrcytman's spouse
 
Just a Spouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lake View, AL
Posts: 7,176
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudking View Post
congrats.

mine has been a PITA ever since the appraisal. I have done everything the bank has asked when they asked, and they have dragged me past 2 closing dates, and now we are on our 3rd closing date and week. (this friday supposedly).

I am pissed and ready to attorney up. Sellers realtor threatened today give them an answer by 3pm today or its going back on the market and they are keeping my earnest money...

I hope I get good news tomorrow.

sorry to vent. Dont mean to take away from your thing... hope you dont have to go through this crap with your bank.
Bank of America? Don't know about your contract, but it is typically based on obtaining financing. If so, they cannot legally keep the earnest money because you can't get financing if your bank won't come to the closing table.
Just a Spouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2014, 02:07 PM   #37
Just a Spouse
Motrcytman's spouse
 
Just a Spouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lake View, AL
Posts: 7,176
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Oh, and Congrats! Hope the closing goes well!!
Just a Spouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 12th, 2014, 09:17 AM   #38
Kane
Got Jeep?
 
Kane's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: 48030
Posts: 597
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
It's at 12 Mile between I-75 and John R
You could walk to Lowes and Home Depot.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2014, 09:24 AM   #39
GreaseMonkey
Pew pew!
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,045
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Mortgage is clear, I'll be closing within two weeks!
__________________
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 25th, 2014, 12:18 PM   #40
Immortal
NO RELIGION WAT!
 
Immortal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: In my garage
Posts: 26,352
iTrader: (46)
Mentioned: 69 Post(s)
Default

Congrats Jeff!
Immortal is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:03 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.25657 seconds with 81 queries