Terror's Trivial When It's Not Muslims - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 5th, 2007, 12:01 PM   #1
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,874
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default Terror's Trivial When It's Not Muslims

Terror's Trivial When It's Not Muslims
Madrid Airport bombing receives scant attention

Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet
Thursday, January 4, 2007

How many people who aren't news junkies know that Madrid Airport was bombed on Saturday? Relatively few I would venture, and that's because major western governments and their media mouthpieces don't hype terror unless Muslims are behind it.

I personally only caught the story a couple of days after it happened on an obscure channel on UK digital satellite called Euro News. Operatives of the Basque separatist organization ETA packed 800kg of explosives in a car bomb that ripped apart the parking lot of Barajas Madrid Airport, killing two and injuring twenty people.

Now imagine if "Al-Qaeda" bombed Heathrow or LAX. You'd never hear the end of it, the news would be on it 24/7 and entering an airport would be akin to checking into a concentration camp. And yet Saturday's blast was greeted by little more than bylines and muted dismissals by the mainstream media.

Before 9/11 terrorism was seen through the prism of a criminal problem because fewer people lose their lives as a result of it than do those who get struck by lightening. There have been just 2,929 terror induced deaths since 9/11 according to the Bush administration's own numbers and more people every year die in swimming pool accidents - hardly the mega threat to western society that many have portrayed. Put in this context, Saturday's bombing would not have made the top of the news because like all terrorism that occurs in the west, it is extremely rare, random and, like murder, rape or theft, is impossible to ever truly prevent.

But in the "post 9/11 world," the artificial creation and maintenance of the myth of "Islamofascism" is dependent on ceaseless obsession with the imminent threat of Muslim terror around every corner, and that's why something like the Madrid Airport bombing would have been shoved down our throats until kingdom come - but only if Muslims were behind it.

Terror attacks like Saturday's become mere pre-cursors to the "and finally" puff piece if they can't be pinned on "Islamofascists" and the scam recycled.

It's almost a national emergency nowadays if Muslims - God forbid - are seen praying on an aeroplane, and their every action being scrutinized as a foreboding for the apocalypse, which only breeds suspicion across all of society, has turned the land of the free into the United States of Hysteria.

Swimming pools killed more Americans than terrorists today - Muslim or otherwise.

Fear is a lie.

http://www.prisonplanet.com/articles...rortrivial.htm
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 5th, 2007, 12:10 PM   #2
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,142
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Default

It's funny because we can all just as easily go on an almost identical rant about how your beloved liberal media refuses to report anything good that the Bush administration does and our effort in Iraq accomplishes...
__________________
-Jer

SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 12:14 PM   #3
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,874
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

so I can assume that you had no idea that this took place.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 12:16 PM   #4
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,874
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
It's funny because we can all just as easily go on an almost identical rant about how your beloved liberal media refuses to report anything good that the Bush administration does and our effort in Iraq accomplishes...
ok, so tell me the great leaping strides we're making in Iraq and please don't tell me about some schools being built or soldiers handing out candy or food out to children, because in the grand scheme of things, it's still a civil war-torn land that isn't close to any kind of stability.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 12:20 PM   #5
SS
Doing stuff...and things.
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: 48309
Posts: 12,142
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
ok, so tell me the great leaping strides we're making in Iraq and please don't tell me about some schools being built or soldiers handing out candy or food out to children, because in the grand scheme of things, it's still a civil war-torn land that isn't close to any kind of stability.

And why is it a civil war torn land? Because decades of poltical ideas that were suppressed through fear are now allowed to be expressed but no one can agree on anything...

You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink... we led them to freedom and now it's their choice what they want to make of it.
__________________
-Jer

SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 12:27 PM   #6
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,874
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

I thought you wanted to make a point about no one talking about the great things we are doing in Iraq. Here's your stage or soap box, rather, let's hear it.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 01:33 PM   #7
Mike L
Senior Member
 
Mike L's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-19-06
Location: G.C.
Posts: 270
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS View Post
And why is it a civil war torn land? Because decades of poltical ideas that were suppressed through fear are now allowed to be expressed but no one can agree on anything...

You can lead a horse to water but you can't force it to drink... we led them to freedom and now it's their choice what they want to make of it.
They need to have a Civil War and get it over with. We had our own Civil war and it turned out for the good. We had people supressed living as slaves before we had our civil war. I say we get the hell out of there, let them fight it out and defend ourselves here at home. Whenever we leave they will have a civil war anyway. Mabye we can save some lives in the meantime. 3000 dead.
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 01:46 PM   #8
bellmer
Senior Member
 
bellmer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-24-06
Location: alanson mi
Posts: 634
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

ok madrid not on US soil. LAX on US soil what is more inportant? sova go urself.

maybe u didnt here the big deal about the terror plont in rockford IL. that got busted but that was a white guy and yes it was a big deal
bellmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 03:00 PM   #9
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,130
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

3000 dead civilians= less dangerous than a swimming pool
but
3000 dead soldiers= unbearable losses.

I don't understand this hypocritical view.

The difference between dying in a swimming pool and dying on the 98th floor of the WTC is obvious. With swimming you know there is a risk of drowning and you make the choice to do it anyway. No one knew they were taking a risk when the went to work on 9-11.

Mike where do you dig this stuff up, really? Google the authors name. Wow, according to him aliens are the next conspiracy the government will use to scare us!

I'm scared already.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 06:02 PM   #10
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,874
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
3000 dead civilians= less dangerous than a swimming pool
but
3000 dead soldiers= unbearable losses.

I don't understand this hypocritical view.

The difference between dying in a swimming pool and dying on the 98th floor of the WTC is obvious. With swimming you know there is a risk of drowning and you make the choice to do it anyway. No one knew they were taking a risk when the went to work on 9-11.

Mike where do you dig this stuff up, really? Google the authors name. Wow, according to him aliens are the next conspiracy the government will use to scare us!

I'm scared already.
it's opinion.

but don't you think it's interesting that no one has really heard about this bombing and it isn't really getting any news coverage?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:37 PM   #11
sglide
co captain of cubes pants
 
sglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-12-05
Location: kalkaska bitch
Posts: 4,117
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

i heard on npr.
not really sure why people hear are getting pissy w/you over it.
esp. you jeramy i didnt take you for some one that would spout gop propaganda. its unfortunate that you would go on the attack with out even thinking about the question for your self.
you know im not a lib. or a bleeding hart. but im not going to let populast dogma and propoganda keep me from thinking for myself.
sglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 09:40 PM   #12
sglide
co captain of cubes pants
 
sglide's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-12-05
Location: kalkaska bitch
Posts: 4,117
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellmer View Post
ok madrid not on US soil. LAX on US soil what is more inportant? sova go urself.

maybe u didnt here the big deal about the terror plont in rockford IL. that got busted but that was a white guy and yes it was a big deal
google madrid/ us intrests and learn something, like why it should matter to us!
sglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2007, 11:07 PM   #13
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,509
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Basque separatist organization ETA packed 800kg of explosives in a car bomb that ripped apart the parking lot of Barajas Madrid Airport, killing two and injuring twenty people.
Those guys have been quiet for a long time . . . I think Rainbow Six took car of them last time.

Oops, that is from a book but it is about as accurate as Fox News :tonka:
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 04:01 AM   #14
Mike L
Senior Member
 
Mike L's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-19-06
Location: G.C.
Posts: 270
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
3000 dead civilians= less dangerous than a swimming pool
but
3000 dead soldiers= unbearable losses.

I don't understand this hypocritical view.

The difference between dying in a swimming pool and dying on the 98th floor of the WTC is obvious. With swimming you know there is a risk of drowning and you make the choice to do it anyway. No one knew they were taking a risk when the went to work on 9-11.

Mike where do you dig this stuff up, really? Google the authors name. Wow, according to him aliens are the next conspiracy the government will use to scare us!

I'm scared already.
If you really want to bring civilians into this. Iraqi civilians dead exceed 52,000. And most of them werent swimming either. Some were caused by car bombs some were caused by suicide bombers and some were caused by our bombs and gunfire. One thing for sure is most were caused by our presence. If you want to know my source just google civilian deaths in Iraq. Most sites are pretty close on the estimate of the deaths.

I have said this many times in other threads. If someone blows up your family even by accident what are you going to do about it. I know what I am gonna do. After reading that. How much safer are we?
Mike L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 04:18 AM   #15
JellyBelly
Senior Member
 
JellyBelly's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-25-06
Location: Dewitt
Posts: 753
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
so I can assume that you had no idea that this took place.
I knew, and I don't even have cable.
JellyBelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 09:47 AM   #16
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,130
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike L View Post
If you really want to bring civilians into this. Iraqi civilians dead exceed 52,000. And most of them werent swimming either. Some were caused by car bombs some were caused by suicide bombers and some were caused by our bombs and gunfire. One thing for sure is most were caused by our presence. If you want to know my source just google civilian deaths in Iraq. Most sites are pretty close on the estimate of the deaths.

I have said this many times in other threads. If someone blows up your family even by accident what are you going to do about it. I know what I am gonna do. After reading that. How much safer are we?

Strawman: None of this applies to the swimming pool arguement.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 07:31 PM   #17
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,579
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I had not heard about this, mostly because I've been busy and not reading much news.

But why should this be all over the news? Has the ETA ever carried out an attack on the USA? no. Has the ETA ever carried out an attack outside of Spain? No, at least none that I can find.

According to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ETA_attacks the ETA carried out about 2 dozen attacks before 9/11/01 and nearly a dozen since, and there has been hardly any reporting on any of these in the international press. Is this because they aren't Muslins so no one cares? No, it's because the ETA's attacks are a Spanish problem that has had little effect on the rest of the world, and should be left to the Spanish athorities to deal with unless they ask for outside help.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 08:13 PM   #18
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,509
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I had not heard about this, mostly because I've been busy and not reading much news.

But why should this be all over the news? Has the ETA ever carried out an attack on the USA? no. Has the ETA ever carried out an attack outside of Spain? No, at least none that I can find.

According to this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ETA_attacks the ETA carried out about 2 dozen attacks before 9/11/01 and nearly a dozen since, and there has been hardly any reporting on any of these in the international press. Is this because they aren't Muslins so no one cares? No, it's because the ETA's attacks are a Spanish problem that has had little effect on the rest of the world, and should be left to the Spanish athorities to deal with unless they ask for outside help.
Why is the Iraq war on tv then? I don't remember the last time they carried out an attack on the US.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 08:40 PM   #19
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,579
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Why is the Iraq war on tv then? I don't remember the last time they carried out an attack on the US.
Oh I don't know, maybe the fact that We're fighting in it?

They carry out attacks on US personal every day.

Comparing the news coverage of a bombing in Spain with the news coverage of the war in Iraq is probably on of the most idiotic things I've read in a long time. I can't even say it's "apples and ornges". It's more different than that.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2007, 08:47 PM   #20
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,509
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

LOL, very true.

I meant more of the build up to the war but yes you are correct in the current setting. Sorry my thoughts didn't go as planned previously.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:15 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.33873 seconds with 81 queries