Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 4th, 2013, 09:24 AM   #1
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 41,969
iTrader: (39)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
"imagine if workers could shut down a plant because they wanted to get something" - O

hahahahhahahahahhahahahhaha

This will go down as the most absurd thing he has ever said.


http://www.caintv.com/obama-imagine-if-workers-could
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 09:39 AM   #2
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
It's so funny and so sad at the same time.

But he will be able to spin his way out of it.
__________________
I SHOOT RAW!
---

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 09:52 AM   #3
mschaffer66
Senior Member
 
mschaffer66's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield, MI
Posts: 9,174
iTrader: (17)
That must be what happens when he speaks without aid of his handlers.

Kinda reminds me of:

mschaffer66 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 09:54 AM   #4
forbyefore
.
 
forbyefore's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-14-07
Location: Bay City/AuGres, MI
Posts: 1,431
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by howell_jeep View Post
It's so funny and so sad at the same time.

But he will be able to spin his way out of it.
He'll say he was referring to a wildcat strike or something like that.
forbyefore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 10:14 AM   #5
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,873
iTrader: (22)


What a moron.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 10:48 AM   #6
mojave01x2
Senior Member
 
mojave01x2's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-08
Location: Hell Michigan
Posts: 1,017
iTrader: (1)
And unions alway vote democrat...hahahaha
mojave01x2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 11:04 AM   #7
marshall
locally famous
 
marshall's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-12-11
Location: mayville MI
Posts: 2,866
iTrader: (4)
the crowd seemed to like it
marshall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 11:25 AM   #8
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,298
iTrader: (9)
Yep, bad analogy.

It's not the workers that have shut the plant down, it's management, because they don't like the benefits package that the management 3 years ago agreed to. And they haven't even really decided how it should change, or when, all they know is that it needs to be changed right now, and that the company is closed and will not pay it's bills until it can figure it out.

Imagine you're at your job, doing your work, and the boss taps you on the shoulder and says "there's been a change in management, and they don't like the benefits package decided on a few years ago, and have decided that it needs to be changed right now, but we really don't know how it needs to be changed, so until we figure it out the company is closed and everyone is on layoff."
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 11:29 AM   #9
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 5,984
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Yep, bad analogy.

It's not the workers that have shut the plant down, it's management, because they don't like the benefits package that the management 3 years ago agreed to. And they haven't even really decided how it should change, or when, all they know is that it needs to be changed right now, and that the company is closed and will not pay it's bills until it can figure it out.

Imagine you're at your job, doing your work, and the boss taps you on the shoulder and says "there's been a change in management, and they don't like the benefits package decided on a few years ago, and have decided that it needs to be changed right now, but we really don't know how it needs to be changed, so until we figure it out the company is closed and everyone is on layoff."
You need to get a job with barry as his spin machine.
You spun that better than he ever could have. You make it sound almost believable.
Spin cycle on
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 11:43 AM   #10
BlooMule
LENORE!!!
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Peggy's underwear drawer
Posts: 23,276
iTrader: (12)
What do you expect from a man who has never held a job in the private sector? He's a career politician, just like Bill Clinton but without the 'Aw, shucks' charm.

At least Clinton had the sense to push universal healthcare off onto Hillary, so when it failed he could come out clean.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 11:56 AM   #11
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,298
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
What do you expect from a man who has never held a job in the private sector? He's a career politician, just like Bill Clinton but without the 'Aw, shucks' charm.

At least Clinton had the sense to push universal healthcare off onto Hillary, so when it failed he could come out clean.
I would have though that as a "community organizer" he would be better at talking to people. But if there's one thing I agree that Obama sucks at it's speaking to ordinary people without a teleprompter.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 11:59 AM   #12
8PTBUCK
Yo
 
8PTBUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-02-09
Location: Waterford/Gladwin, MI
Posts: 4,262
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
If there's one thing I agree that Obama sucks at it's speaking to ordinary people without a teleprompter.
Is that the only thing you agree on that he sucks at? Speaking without a teleprompter?
8PTBUCK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 12:09 PM   #13
BlooMule
LENORE!!!
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Peggy's underwear drawer
Posts: 23,276
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I would have though that as a "community organizer" he would be better at talking to people. But if there's one thing I agree that Obama sucks at it's speaking to ordinary people without a teleprompter.
This Is correct. He talks 'to' people. There is no conversation, he talks and expects you to listen.

If you look at Obama and Clinton, their policies are similar and for the most part the standard Dem line.

Difference is, Clinton had the ability to make people believe he was really listening. Obama 'dictates', which may be why some feel he wants to be a 'dictator'.

Personally, I think he's just in way over his head, and now that it is possible to disagree with politically without being labeled racist, he does not get the cooperation he was expecting. (this is in reference to other politicians, I don't think Obama ever gave a shit if the population disagreed with him)
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 12:24 PM   #14
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,872
iTrader: (5)
Was this before or after he likened ObamaCare to apple?
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 12:25 PM   #15
BlooMule
LENORE!!!
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Peggy's underwear drawer
Posts: 23,276
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
Was this before or after he likened ObamaCare to apple?
That's really a pretty good comparison, because the most ardent supporters won't look at other options....
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 4th, 2013, 06:38 PM   #16
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,872
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
That's really a pretty good comparison, because the most ardent supporters won't look at other options....
IF he sold it that way, yeah. He was saying that, just like apple, the new healthcare system may have bug at the first release.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:43 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.17382 seconds with 45 queries