Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:29 PM   #21
skife
Senior Member
 
skife's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-12-07
Location: cedar springs mi
Posts: 5,054
iTrader: (5)
Send a message via AIM to skife Send a message via MSN to skife


3:07 is that a quad on the highway?
skife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:42 PM   #22
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 23,311
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter_Built View Post
Range Rover drivers are douches same as the crotch rocket riders are.

Its like the ocean making fun of a lake for being wet.

In this case though, the Rover driver was a mega douche. Unless his/hers life was endangered. Looks like Rover hit one bike, the pack swarmed around and the driver panicked.
Wow, 30 to 1 and you WOULDN'T panic? Certified badass!
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:48 PM   #23
BigBird
Duck Shootin' Wheelerer!!
 
BigBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-17-08
Location: Soo, Ontario
Posts: 4,018
iTrader: (8)
The guys on those bikes were "Quite Tanned"... I would have done the same thing... Fawk that shit!
__________________
Cheap Thrills Off Road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Beefy View Post
I have not ate in months
BigBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:48 PM   #24
BigBird
Duck Shootin' Wheelerer!!
 
BigBird's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-17-08
Location: Soo, Ontario
Posts: 4,018
iTrader: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by skife View Post


3:07 is that a quad on the highway?
Yep...
__________________
Cheap Thrills Off Road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Beefy View Post
I have not ate in months
BigBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 12:50 PM   #25
jthomp
Senior Member
 
jthomp's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-01-06
Location: Linden MI
Posts: 974
iTrader: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter_Built View Post
Range Rover drivers are douches same as the crotch rocket riders are.

Its like the ocean making fun of a lake for being wet.

In this case though, the Rover driver was a mega douche. Unless his/hers life was endangered. Looks like Rover hit one bike, the pack swarmed around and the driver panicked.
It's true. You really are that stupid.
jthomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 02:09 PM   #26
cerial
Senior Member
 
cerial's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-06-08
Location: Caledonia,MI
Posts: 1,667
iTrader: (3)
:20 the biker pulls into the rovers lane and looks like he is talking to driver even though window is up. Then the biker hits his breaks at :27. At :30 you can see he does not fall. At :40 they have driver boxed in. Couple choice words maybe some reasoning going on until :50 where driver pushes bikes blocking him over and drives over.

There is more going on before this video maybe even a call to 911.

I am guessing he turned into the path of one of the bikers or pushed them over into the other lane not looking for them before merging. Something that happens every day and deserves a scorned look or a few words. But, nothing like what these A holes did.

Oh, and this part is totally screwed.
Dayana Mieses told the station that her husband has injuries to his heart, lungs and ribs and that he is paralyzed from the waist down.

I agree with the post about driving to a police station. That is what I would have done in this scenario after :50. I doubt he would not have passed a police station in "50 blocks" and most GPS have a police station/hospital option. Either would have worked to get away from this group.

I don't care what he did. It is just a freaking bike and not worth someones ability to walk.
cerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 02:33 PM   #27
Mr.Green
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 7,905
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerial View Post
:20 the biker pulls into the rovers lane and looks like he is talking to driver even though window is up. Then the biker hits his breaks at :27. At :30 you can see he does not fall. At :40 they have driver boxed in. Couple choice words maybe some reasoning going on until :50 where driver pushes bikes blocking him over and drives over.

There is more going on before this video maybe even a call to 911.

I am guessing he turned into the path of one of the bikers or pushed them over into the other lane not looking for them before merging. Something that happens every day and deserves a scorned look or a few words. But, nothing like what these A holes did.

Oh, and this part is totally screwed.
Dayana Mieses told the station that her husband has injuries to his heart, lungs and ribs and that he is paralyzed from the waist down.

I agree with the post about driving to a police station. That is what I would have done in this scenario after :50. I doubt he would not have passed a police station in "50 blocks" and most GPS have a police station/hospital option. Either would have worked to get away from this group.

I don't care what he did. It is just a freaking bike and not worth someones ability to walk.
The biker is the one paralyzed, not the Range Rover driver.
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 02:52 PM   #28
Skooter_Built
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
 
Skooter_Built's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Whitelake, MI
Posts: 14,294
iTrader: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
Wow, 30 to 1 and you WOULDN'T panic? Certified badass!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthomp View Post
It's true. You really are that stupid.
it looked like to me the driver originally bumped a rider then stopped. A few seconds later after being "surrounded" by bikes the driver goes GTA4 on the group. Why did that happen? I don't know.

For some reason shit escalated. Maybe a weapon pulled or angry mob fright or Douchy driver thinking they could just leave.

I'm not saying either biker or diver is at fault or innocent. Not my job to decide that. I just naturally dislike both crotch riders and Rover drivers.
__________________
I'm the man in White.

If you want peace, prepare for war!

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.

Last edited by Skooter_Built; October 1st, 2013 at 02:59 PM.
Skooter_Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 03:16 PM   #29
Mr.Green
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 7,905
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skooter_Built View Post
it looked like to me the driver originally bumped a rider then stopped. A few seconds later after being "surrounded" by bikes the driver goes GTA4 on the group. Why did that happen? I don't know.

For some reason shit escalated. Maybe a weapon pulled or angry mob fright or Douchy driver thinking they could just leave.

I'm not saying either biker or diver is at fault or innocent. Not my job to decide that. I just naturally dislike both crotch riders and Rover drivers.
Don't be scared to read the article that was linked to this thread with most of these details in it.
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 03:19 PM   #30
WSU JK
Senior Member
 
WSU JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-25-08
Location: Lowering the Per-Capita Income of Bloomfield Hills since 2009!
Posts: 2,481
iTrader: (4)
I thought it looked like the bikers were already converging around the SUV as the video started. It would be interesting to see what was going on in the couple of minutes immediately before the posted portion of the video.
WSU JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 03:24 PM   #31
Buggy_Tim
(513) 891-8372
 
Buggy_Tim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sault Sainte Marie
Posts: 11,616
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by WSU JK View Post
I thought it looked like the bikers were already converging around the SUV as the video started. It would be interesting to see what was going on in the couple of minutes immediately before the posted portion of the video.
Well that portion of the go pro video has mysteriously been lost.
Buggy_Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 03:25 PM   #32
WSU JK
Senior Member
 
WSU JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-25-08
Location: Lowering the Per-Capita Income of Bloomfield Hills since 2009!
Posts: 2,481
iTrader: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MuddyPaws View Post
Well that portion of the go pro video has mysteriously been lost.
Probably out there somewhere with the missing 18 minutes of Nixon's White House tapes.
WSU JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 03:42 PM   #33
cerial
Senior Member
 
cerial's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-06-08
Location: Caledonia,MI
Posts: 1,667
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
The biker is the one paralyzed, not the Range Rover driver.
Yep, your right I read that wrong. Rover driver just got his butt handed to him.

It took me 13 views to see it. At :53 you can see the biker laying on the ground who was just run over.

I change my opinion driver deserved the butt kicking and charges tossed at him. Billy bad butt should have had the common sense to not block a suv using a bike while his buddies threatened the driver.

As a biker I would have not let the group's aggression escalate to the point where we were blocking traffic and a driver felt the need to hit the gas to get away.

As the driver I would have moved into the right lane, and pulled over driving to a police station if I seen the groups aggression was escalating. I would have also hit my breaks as soon as I seen the chance of one of them break checking me.

Of course it is easy to say this stuff after the fact without all the facts.
cerial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 03:46 PM   #34
BATLWGN
Senior Member
 
BATLWGN's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Otsego, MI
Posts: 1,108
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by cerial View Post
Yep, your right I read that wrong. Rover driver just got his butt handed to him.

It took me 13 views to see it. At :53 you can see the biker laying on the ground who was just run over.

I change my opinion driver deserved the butt kicking and charges tossed at him. Billy bad butt should have had the common sense to not block a suv using a bike while his buddies threatened the driver.

As a biker I would have not let the group's aggression escalate to the point where we were blocking traffic and a driver felt the need to hit the gas to get away.

As the driver I would have moved into the right lane, and pulled over driving to a police station if I seen the groups aggression was escalating. I would have also hit my breaks as soon as I seen the chance of one of them break checking me.

Of course it is easy to say this stuff after the fact without all the facts.
And how would you accomplish this without knocking one of the 30+ bikes stopped around you? Or even before stopping, just swarming around you? Any way I see this, some bikes were going down.
__________________
Can I haz signature?
BATLWGN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 03:51 PM   #35
SS
In the band!
 
SS's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Bimini, Bahamas
Posts: 10,401
iTrader: (13)
Nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure.
SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 03:57 PM   #36
Skooter_Built
Fuck talk, Duck walk!
 
Skooter_Built's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Whitelake, MI
Posts: 14,294
iTrader: (26)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Green again View Post
Don't be scared to read the article that was linked to this thread with most of these details in it.
I didn't know there was an article, I just watched the video.
__________________
I'm the man in White.

If you want peace, prepare for war!

Forgiveness is between them and God. It's my job to arrange the meeting.
Skooter_Built is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 03:59 PM   #37
tsaguy
drink the hotdog water.
 
tsaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-17-08
Location: Big Mountain, Michigan 48458
Posts: 4,268
iTrader: (3)
Ridiculous. When riding, I suck it up when anyone treats me like crap and they have a vehicle larger than mine. I flipped a guy off while on the bike the other day, immediately regretted it. Mainly because I had no idea what he was going to do next. Luckily, he did nothing.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
I do drive a jeep and I have puffed a peter maybe once or twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I am willing to bet its a bunch of geriatric old farts bitching about anyone under 50 and touching each others weiners.
tsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 06:14 PM   #38
af26yrs
Senior Member
 
af26yrs's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-04-09
Location: In the Thumb, michigan
Posts: 505
iTrader: (4)
[QUOTE=L4CX;3511005]You carry 30+ bullets with you?

27, 17 + 10 Ruger 9MM, but I do not think it would have taken that many to ease the tension of the situation and disperse the bikers.
af26yrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 06:26 PM   #39
wilesin
Senior Member
 
wilesin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-16-09
Location: Iowa
Posts: 1,619
iTrader: (0)
Call me crazy but unless someone was sticking a gun I'm my face or something life threatening. I would have a hard time committing possible manslaughter by running people over.
wilesin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2013, 06:28 PM   #40
Mr.Green
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 7,905
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilesin View Post
Call me crazy but unless someone was sticking a gun I'm my face or something life threatening. I would have a hard time committing possible manslaughter by running people over.
Pussy.
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.21483 seconds with 52 queries