|September 23rd, 2013, 11:36 PM||#1|
2001 XJ No Rust, RE3.5, SYE, Perfect, Never Offroad
I purchased a 2001 XJ from Florida with 107xxx on it. It was owned by an older gentleman and his wife who could no longer get in and out of it. I have some of the previous service records from the local dealership in FL and conducted a full inspection when I received the jeep in October/November last year. Coolant system was inspected and flushed and visual inspections of the heads was conducted. The jeep has brand new high performance plugs which burn a little hotter, which in turn makes the 4.0 seem like its running a little rough at idle. I have had zero issues with this, and you can always switch back to the normal plugs if this bothers you. I liked the 1-2 mpg increase and throttle response, so I left the plugs installed.
All the parts installed are BRAND NEW and the A/C was serviced by the original owner prior to the initial sale last year. I built it, then left for Afghanistan. Its been sitting in the garage ever since. It was adult owned and although I fully intended on using the jeep in the woods and on the tail...I never did, probably 200 miles on the entire build - all highway. It was built to be comfortable for long highway drives to my cabin but I'll be working overseas for the next couple years and won't have time for the jeep or the cabin. No driveline vibrations, no leaks, no weird noises, it just drives.
2001 XJ, AW4, NP231 w/ sye, d30/8.25 29 Spline.
Asking price is $1000 less than what I have into it not including the shipping costs and does not account for the discounts I receive on tires, parts, and service. Not to mention, you are getting a rust free southern jeep, in Michigan. I'll also include most of the parts to return the jeep to stock (or do it for you) if you wish. Nothing has been modified in a way which preludes the re-installation of the stock components. Price is $6,500 if you want it returned to stock plus the injectors, headlights, and engine components.
- New Magnaflow exhaust (the cat was removed, no CEL, runs great)
- Std. Tune Up (plugs, fuilds, filters, etc)
- Dodge Neon Injectors
- H4 Head Lamp upgrade
- Re-flashed ECU
- new headliner
- Cobra CB installed
- Aftermarket head unit/ CD player
- Professionally refinished trim pieces and door handles
- Class III hitch
- RE 3.5 Super Ride Short Arm Full Leaf Kit (sits at about 4.5" right now)
- RE track Bar (uses stock mount)
- extra items - 1.5" budget boost (shackle and puck) not installed
- XJ front DS installed in the rear (both front and rear axles have a front drive shaft running to them).
- new brakes and master cylinders in the rear.
- 31" Duratracks
- 15" alloy rims (not sure of the brand, they came with the jeep and very nice quality)
- brakes will need to be bled, right now they are a little spungy, but it will be taken care of before the sale.
- could use a drop pitman arm to drop the steering point closer to the track bar mounting point. there is a little bit of bump steer because of this. Steering is tight though and it tracks straight down the road.
- drivers side window does this weird clicking thing when its rolled all the way up and the "up" button is depressed. I suspect the switch is out of adjustment.
- wax residue in all the seams of the panels. (careless detail before putting it in storage, will be resolved before sale).
- the front clip was pretty oxidized, so I had it professionally painted.
- has a burnt out tail or fog light somewhere that I haven't had time to replace
Interior is CLEAN! it drives great, and there is no rust whatsoever on the jeep. Exterior has very few scratches but the rear bumper is a little scratched up. Carpets are stain free and I'll even throw in my prized, super classy scooby-doo floor mats and some high-speed racing seat covers. These two items will be sure to get you noticed (and probably a date on Friday).
Some of the photo's attached are from the guy I bought it from last October and are intended to document the condition of the chassis. These are the only pictures I have on my computer, more pictures are available upon requests. Please no trades (unless you have STi parts), no tire kickers, I'll entertain reasonable offers.
Jeep is located in Hartland.
Last edited by xjrehab32; September 25th, 2013 at 12:00 AM. Reason: more info...
|September 24th, 2013, 11:56 PM||#4|
Those were brackets for running boards the previous owner installed. They have since been removed, but was the only picture I had on my computer at the time. I'll have more pics up this week.
|September 25th, 2013, 10:46 AM||#6|
|October 2nd, 2013, 05:56 AM||#7|
Top of the line parts on a perfect rust free jeep. You will not find another XJ like this in Great Lakes area.
Included another old image from the previous owner. (nothing has changed other than the removal of the dorky convex side mirrors)
Last edited by xjrehab32; October 2nd, 2013 at 06:00 AM.